Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 April 2013

tomorrow? yesterday? today?....whenever


Helloooo, I begin to type today’s post, yesterday. Confused? It’s Thursday currently, but I type and will save to continue, and publish tomorrow (Friday, today). Oh whatever. I type, you read, job done. Methinks…

Is yesterday, tomorrow today?


My week’s first post is typed below, however this post’s first note is a positive. Defini†ely.
‘ I am comfortable with myself ’.
I realise that however positive you may find this blog in general, I find that typing it helps me to consider issues with a positive outlook. The above note was made, as I realised just how relaxed I was with myself. Obviously, there are a number of things which I would like to attain, but then I think everyone has a list of different goals/targets to aim for. I am comfortable that I am applying the correct proportion of effort, focussed on each. My writing of this blog, successfully (it seems), provides me with an ‘output’, or a good result of my thoughts. I am happy, to be allowed to do this.

OK, I will stop loving myself too much, sorry. Coffee, I have one tonight as well as tomorrow (probably). I am all for promoting small, independent cafes, when I can get in them (not always the case). The other key issue is that it seems to be a regular ‘must-have’ for those big café chains. This is the requirement of an ‘accessible toilet’ (wheelchair accessible). This is fairly important for a place making their trade out coffee!
It seems that I am lucky having found two local independent cafes. It is important to befriend the correct people. This leads me on to advertise this theory as it applies throughout life, everywhere. If you wear a smile and remain cheerful, you are automatically friendly. Smiling should never be difficult.

Fate.
‘You cannot force fate. If you force something, it isn’t fate. Fate just happens.’
This is why fate can be either deadly, or beautiful. It is something so incredibly special because no-one has a successful reasoning for it’s existence. I am not religious yet I believe that there is something, fate.

I now include a photo of a small section of my noticeboard.


It is a brilliant quote that was given to me, by my Social Worker, when I was back in a rehabilitation home (2010, the note was given to me 2009). It partly explains why I try for such a positive outlook/attitude on life. Everyone must realise (depending on religious beliefs), that the living of life is not about the destination. Life is a journey, so we need to focus on following the path (of fate).
Deeeeep, sorry.

Next, I publish photos from my home ‘gym bike’. The idea is to give me an even greater incentive for improvement. OK, the stats are really very poor (for most of you), but the idea is to try and show improvement.
By sharing these statistics I realise that many of you will not have a clue what they are. Primarily, I am doing this to ensure that I maintain or improve.
Each session on ‘my bike’, is 20 minutes long, and the rest of the information, is here for you to see.





I got very excited when I watched ‘Later…with Jools Holland’. As a fan of Cat Power, the performance on the show was advertised by herself on the internet. I watched, and her extremely amazing voice, stood out. However, I was very excited by ‘The Strypes’, who Jools himself advertised as a ‘new’ band. You will notice that I infact beat Jools, as I introduced the Strypes, last week. This makes me very happy! See two posts below, for their original introduction. They are still old (originally formed in 2011, I think), so Jools and I are both wrong!


I type this week’s last note, on Friday afternoon.
Being in a wheelchair, I know that politeness gets you a long way. I am regularly told off for saying ‘sorry’ too much. Which I suppose I do say an awful lot! I argue that I say ‘sorry’ as alternative to ‘pardon’ or even a ‘please’. Anyway, using a wheelchair amongst able bodies on a public street, I have learnt the tactic of using a pre-emptive ‘thank you’, whilst I move quickly into a gap, forcing the audience to wait for me to pass first. Hehe. Smile, and being grateful by a wheelchair user, stuns the person, allowing me through! Everyone’s a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment