Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 9 April 2013

no no NO

I type unusually, on a tuesday, as i have found that I already have plenty of notes on my phone this week (some old). I have time to talk, so I will.

Firstly
"No no NO!"
I approached a road/curb in my Wheelchair, and had to almost shout this at a car who had stopped turning into this road. It had been clearly indicating, and had right of way. Yet the car had stopped midway, obstructing three lanes of traffic, and the driver had waved me across. Although I had been given permission to cross by the car I had to shout at it, to make her see that I did not have right-of-way, and she was causing obstruction. She understood, and went on through...
Then, hmmmpf. Yesterday, I was curb side, and a car that didn't indicate, halted to a stop as i crossed the road, but then started again forcing me to stop, allowing her through. As she sped through, i raised my arm to gesture dissatisfaction. I wish I had shouted a rude word, as she deserved it. 
I'm alive.

As I type tonight, I realise that I am ignoring my message totally (sort of). I listen to my iPod music as a 'shuffled playlist'. Yet, my notes tell me to advertise the listen of 'shuffled albums'. So, I may well change my music, in a sec. I admit that sometimes by listening to my music like this, it may be difficult for to identify exactly who the artist is and which album/ep it is part of. By keeping the album together, it is easier to identify.
I provide a music sample at the end of the post.

Now, the next note may be viewed as controversial, although I don't wish it to be, she is dead. I presume you know who i talk about. 
I was sat by the river yesterday, was midway through a newspaper, when an acquaintance greeted me, mentioning the main news. I told him that the front of the newspaper was about the Conservative stance on benefits. Being in a  wheelchair, I thought that he meant this. I have absolutely no qualms in admitting that I receive benefits, and so am deeply concerned by their cuts. Then, regarding the 'big news', I really had no idea that she had attained 'Baroness' status. I admit that I don't know what this means but I can see that the name now sounds like an evil character from Count Dracula (...perhaps appropriate). I can predict a film in the future about her rule...'Baroness Von ........', her dark silhouette, in front of a crack of lightning, and a mighty tower like Big Ben. Nothing but rain, rain, rain.

I should be a movie director, but am not. Queens Of The Stone age. The song is not intended to be related to any of my previous text.  Maybe it could be if you wanted, but no no no. I am innocent. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment