Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 April 2013

Hell is coming...

Hello, Easter was early this year, spring weather has not happened this year. Yet? One thing that is certain, Hell is soon. Sunday afternoon, to be precise. It'll be televised live on Eurosport! Paris-Roubaix is 'something else'. I cannot attempt to describe it as I've never visited the race. I don't smile during miserable weather, more, only when the weather shows extremities (maybe).

Anyway, sorry to be apocalyptic! Positives. Hmmm...
Last month (March '13), was the most popular month for this blog. It  averaged  over 30 page-views per day! Following calculating this, I was told by my family, that I must be careful about content.
Hehehe....er, right?
Obviously I do not know, but i feel that half of this blog's attraction, is that I am obviously just being honest. It is very easy for me, no facade to maintain, no company to 'advertise', no rude material as I am not!

So I continue to talk about professional cycling (a nice, clean sport). Today, just two days before 'Hell', I was watching 'The Tour of the Basque Country' on my phone (in a cafe yet again, after some physiotherapy). It showed me that it is not just Britain struggling with rubbish weather, but the whole world. Still I await to see the colours of the peloton, not rain capes.




I have absolutely no problem in admitting to the fact that I download music. It is not a case of 'admitting', it is a way of life. In the link that I provide below, is an article containing further recommendations for websites to which you can download music from. This is helping my cause for supporting smaller traders in the industry and warning about the danger of an ITunes/Amazon duopoly.

guardian.co.uk/netmusic

I am unsure about my next note, but I include it, because it did make me ponder things deeply, earlier in the week.
"My rate of rehabilitation has seemingly slowed as I now am forced to require others - work/Physio"
The two biggest areas that I currently feel I need to strongly rehabilitate are my employment, and my physio ability. I feel that I am close to rehabilitating as far as I can personally. Now I have to rely on others to help me highly, in these two areas. 
Hmmmm...mmmmmmm...?

Music? done. Cycling? done. Coffee? I am accompanied unusually by a bottle of Orangina. Tasty! 
I enjoy Espresso, I am sorry if you don't. A big problem of intaking high amounts of caffeine, is that it dehydrates you. Er right? So?
I have decided that if I ever stop for an Espresso or Machiatto, I will always accompany from now on with a good glass of water, which is also a tasty and refreshing option (besides Orangina!)
It makes me aware that I have 'had a drink', not just a sip of espresso!

Penultimate note:
The easiest/laziest thing is not to be religious, believe or be spiritual at all (as most popular). Free thinking brings rewards. Those who can think for themselves are priviliged. The mind can be beautiful.

My last note is to share with you music. I only discovered the band this week, but it is from last year. I am slow, and waaaay behind the scene, I know. But definitely worth a listen. The Strypes...




No comments:

Post a Comment