Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 22 March 2013

When needs must...


Ciao m'amici!!
Right, hmmm. To be honest I am not entirely sure if that makes sense, but hey!

A quick post is typed this week, during the England v San Marino football match. I really can't be bothered to watch the 'contest', as I would rather spiel to you and my blog. I am an Arsenal fan, facing troubled times at the moment, so rejecting the sport!

My first note that I wish to raise, this week, is about coffee (well guessed). As a big fan, I regularly find myself drinking an ‘Americano’ (restraining from high milk intake). Initially I was troubled by the ‘american takeover’, of what I saw as a European drink. I know I was wrong, but hey. I investigated, and found it to be what many Europeans used to refer to, when regarding the way American soldiers (second world war) took their coffee. Seriously diluted with milk or more hot water was a new, shocking approach. Anyway, I have been confused, as to how to pronounce the name. I realise that only us English, would do so with a long central ‘A’. Americ’AR’no – phonetically.
Hmmm, whereas Americans and Europeans would pronounce it with a short, ‘clipped’ central ‘A’ – Americano.

Hehehe, ok, sorry, totally bored yet? It is just a stupid issue that has been puzzling me. I guess, the answer depends on who is serving the drink…

…………………………this life
Trying to make ends meet
You're a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places
where all the veins meet yeah

No change, I can't change
I can't change, I can't change
But I'm here in my mind
I am here in my mind
But I'm a million different people
from one day to the next
I can't change my mind
No, no, no, no, no, no, no,no,no,no,no,no(fading away)

Well I never pray
But tonight I'm on my knees yeah
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now
But the airways are clean and there's nobody singing to me now

No change, I can't change
I can't change, I can't change
But I'm here in my mind
I am here in my mind
And I'm a million different people
from one day to the next
I can't change my mind
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
I can't change
I can't change it

You should all recognise the song. I have omitted the opening line as it give the song title.



Two more music notes. I am lucky, several times, I have sat in ‘The Press Room’ café, sipping my drink, viewing/admiring my own work on display (someone’s got to)! Then, seemingly randomly, three chords are strummed on the guitar on the radio. G,D,A, I immediately recognise, and it makes me realise quite how fortunate I am, for everything.






I know that the  tune is around fifteen years old!!! I apologise to you, if I am boring you!

I am facing a dilemma. I have maintained my new years resolution, of only buying CDs of old artists, as I try to embrace the evolution of the music industry, into a world of MP3s.
So, I knew that I was playing by the rules, as I bought both the new Stereophonics album and the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club album. I realised that I had bought the Beth Orton CD as well (it’s ok, I’m still within the rules). All three are brilliant, not only for the music, but it makes me realise that I love HAVING the CD and case…
... card is always more special



I finish this week by sharing a photo of an experience that I had earlier in the week. As a cyclist, I thought I never would. But, when needs must...



Before, anyone gets troubled ideas, I had an injection of Botox into my left leg, to help me with physiotherapy. A Spanish therapist, Eufemiano F'something...



No comments:

Post a Comment