Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 19 May 2012

parte deux...

I continue, as yesterday, I broke away, to test my timing and my ability of attending a 'french conversation' course, which I plan to, in June. I did, all was seemingly good. We'll see.

Anyway, I type distracted by the first summit finish of the Giro 2012. Momentous, i feel. I noted on my phone, something that i should state on my blog, and therefore believe in, and act on.
'DO NOT FLIRT'
I come across a girl, attractive, and in a position for me to flirt with. I would usually attempt a flirt. But NO i shall not. Having the outgoing confidence to flirt is good, but not normal, and is indirectly self-demoting. But she's nice, But NO. AAAARGH aawwwww.

OK, Basso didn't win, but there's still around a week to go. Hmmm.
I continue, I visited the dentist in Kingston hospital (to arrange a wisdom tooth extraction). To cal all nerves, i was told that i will 'like the dentist, because i like to open my mouth'! Haha!
Hmmm......

I had to act very well, the other day. I was sat in 'my' cafe the other day, when i noted on my phone
' should stay quiet. Sitting next to 2 mothers talking about their youngchildren learning to ride bikes'
It was great to hear of the strife and success involved. I had to button my lips often. I had supplied a few comments earlier on, which were greatly received. I knew that whilst i was OK to share my passion for Lego and Playmobil, I had to remain silent with regards to my passion of cycling. Two young mothers conversing about encouraging the children to cycle, sitting next to a wheelchair-bound man, should not and were not leaked any information about cycling, from me.



J'ai un chapeau!

Still newly owned, as i type, I am pleased with my hat. It negates the need for sunglasses, and does the same job successfully. I value the fact that eyes can be viewed, as I do not like people who want to rise above everyone else, hiding their eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment