Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 29 May 2012

i'd rather be here than anywhere...

The first note to be talked about this week may involve the effects of the good, sunny weather, that we finally see in 2012. Last week I was returning from the riverside, after I complimented a middle-aged woman for wearing a briliiant, classy hat (it was). I realised that i was not hitting on sexy young girl, but complimenting someone, honestly. It made me realise how easy it is to create such a positive, if I feel someone deserves a positive comment. I know that positive comments can have negative effects, but need to remind everyone that, essentially, if something is positive, we can double this by telling someone else about it.

Sorry, I've just re-read that and it probably makes no sense at all, ah well.

My first reference of 'Music', is of my support of a group called Smoke Fairies. They released their second album on monday, 'Blood Speaks', and fear not (although I was scared that it could not live up to their first). It does easily in my opinion. An easy-listening, female group, verging on a weird folk/indie sound. Decent.


My second  'Music' reference, was noted as i travelled along the river from Kingston, home to Surbiton. I think that by searching through this blog, you will read of my psychological difficulties of travelling through Kingston pub crowds in my wheelchair. I have found a new tactic, that is higly insociable, but works. Wearing a hat, headphones, i focus on about 50m ahead of me, not engaging eye contact with anyone, but still experiencing the warm sun and beauty of the riverside. As soon as i slow to look at someone or something, i begin to get depressed about life in my 20s. I continue, happily focussed, on my music....

warning, those who can't stand Mr Ashcroft, do not play!  

My experience in Kingston, was not a nice one (fear not, the town is brilliant).I had noted that we had had only two days of sun, yet everyone had been 'tangoed'. Fake tans, er right, fair enough, if you are that insecure fair enough (seriously). However, when fake tan goes wrong, i don't think you should carry on applying. Females should know when they've been tangoed, and should not flaunt everything they've got at everyone in the world. The sun is good, don't ruin it.

We've a couple of bank holidays approaching, the sun's out, everyone's happy, but do we really need to overkill the union jack?
I suppose we are not used to being nationalistic, compared to countries like France (Celebrating the revolution on Bastille Day) and USA (celebrating independance on 4th July). In opposing fashion, (we are celebrating our monarchy), i cannot decide whether or not it is slight nationalist overkill.
Hmmmm


Another issue that hurt me for a very very strange reason was noted on this past 'sunny saturday'. I found it strange that, no, unusual that, the streets which are 'mine' (i use regularly) mid-week, are owned by others. Of course, all kings of castles return home from their finance generation of midweek. Their wonderful castles can now be shown off, with beautiful accompaniments of stunning queens with their princes or princesses. Steady on, all i want is a coffee at MY cafe. Unfortunately there are actually people who live in these castles, and drive their fast cars just down the end of the street! GGrrrr, i'll stop.



No comments:

Post a Comment