Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 15 June 2011

neutrality + positivity - negativity = positivity

i make no music reference this time, but i make up with by having a brew of good, black coffee. As anyone does, i like to look at the positives. The only thing that we get from negatives, is to find where things went wrong and how we can find a positive to neutralise it.

Hmmm, i think that makes sense. Anyway, i tend to think that i am lucky that i am here (as you should know), and I like to consider absolutely everything as a bonus. Whether something is thought of by most as either good or bad, i would like to think of it as a positive, because I really shouldn't be here but i am. Hmmm. I have just typed and deleted a strange mathematical way of trying to explain this. I failed. Maybe, consider life at 0. Bad things are minus (so 0> -100). Lets say something bad has happened, = -50. To neutralise it (bring back to 0) we need a positive of +50. So, we need to search for positives, we can easily find  +50, so, do. We end up experiencing +50!!

Right, got that? Its really simple, kind-of obvious, and a kind-of waste of time to type, but hey. By using this mentality, i realise that i haven't lost due to my accident and current physical disability, but drastically gained a lot. A positive mentality is the only way that anyone/anything survives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment