Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 15 June 2011

the world keeps turning

I have made a note on my phone to remind me to: 'stop comparing life to how it was or I had it pre-accident. Things have changed. DEAL WITH IT!!!'

So, here lies my third and final post of the day (and probably week). I just want to state that I remember things (obviously) despite my bang on the head, but the world keeps turning, and i know that things change with time, I needed to learn that not all is exactly how it was. I now lived currently, with physical disability. I am incredibly lucky that this is the only affect (do i mean 'effect', who knows). Arsenal have still not won a trophy yet, grrrrrr.
I should stop comparing elements of my lifestyle before Oct-2006, to current situations. Everything in the world has grown older, things change/evolve with time. I missed out on 6-months, but hey, nothing really. I remember of how I originally thought my physical disabilities were simply due to 6 months lack of use, but as my physio developed, i became aware that i had lost certain neurological functions, which need to be developed again from scratch. We can only learn from experience, but things have changed. Life did happen pre-accident, but i am told to learn a lot of things from scratch, as 'things have changed'. Doh!

I type the above section with the ability of looking back upon these times. I cannot imagine how scary it would be to view a friend, relative, whoever, going through this, with total uncertainty. In that respect, I am lucky that I was the patient.   

No comments:

Post a Comment