Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 15 June 2011

Ramblin' man

There we go, I have already made my music reference. I got it out of the way in the naming of the title. It's the name of my favourite track off of the 'Ballad of the Broken Seas' album, by Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell. Quality.

Right, not that all really care about my tastes (everyone has their own). I have made a lot of notes, so have a lot of stuff to talk about this week, lucky lucky you.

I must warn that at the moment I do not have coffee, so, it is just me talking, not the caffeine. I actually took myself to the doctors on monday getting her to check my blocked ear, I then changed the issue, asking her, how much was too much coffee? I was much relieved by her answer, and feel safe, at the moment!
Anyway, I had an interesting trip on monday. Given an uplift, and then knocked back down. As I left the cafe, I passed an elderly, frail woman, walking with a zimmer frame. She looked entirely knackered, walking in the cafe, so i gave her a wide berth as i passed. As i passed, she smiled at me, we both recognised and respected each others difficulty, and just happily told me to "keep smiling".  
On this, I realised that i was smiling, and was able to see the positive effect of something so important and yet so simple, the smile.
On leaving the cafe, I went down the high street, busy in the sun as it was. I was brought back down to earth as i noticed shop assistants shoving flyers in peoples' chests. As i went past I was initially relieved that they had missed me out. But then, I always get omitted, realised this and felt offended. Do I not count? Maybe their shop is not accessible. Why do I not count, am i not a human being? GGRRRR.
Still, my flyer would go straight in the bin anyway, they lose. I am stressing out as i remember, forget, ignore.    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment