Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 21 February 2024

Keep on

 Got to keep on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSYwtllbweY




I had begun jotting these notes down yesterday, I was not feeling the best, so I warn you that they may not be full of happiness…

(Lifelong rule of this blog: If I want to make notes, at anytime, about anything, they WILL be published)


I get depressed when I look in the mirror 

How can I hope for love when even I don’t like what I see?

I believe in my inner character and know that I’m strong enough to get where I’ve got.  This is the eighteenth year post-accident!

I’m bored.

My life. I can’t see an attainable goal (this may be the reason that I have forever been a cyclist, a constant mode, setting myself goals/targets of time/distance). I am on the way home from my Physiotherapy session, where my therapist is so good, and is regularly amazed at my mini-achievements. Yes, I know that I do improve, but it hurts me when I look at myself objectively. 

…Still… 

It has been almost 17 years since I awoke from my coma. I have managed to progress, and I say that was I always prepared to do this forever…… but really? Forever trying to catch-up. Forever behind. Forever different. Different forever. Behind forever.


Right, Wednesday, a new day!! Sorry about that past, bleak, paragraph! ;)


Cycling. I have always been used to riding individually, accompanied by nothing but my own mind!


Early PB

I know it is only a ‘static-bike’ in my living-room, but I love it, and realised that I am addicted! I have told my physiotherapist my plan,  which is more ‘intense’ than past years. I will ride on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday, and weekends I rest. Instead of peaking/resting throughout the year, I plan to just keep going for as long as I can! We’ll see…

I already set a record (a target distance that i would have ‘peaked’ for in previous years, yesterday afternoon. Last year's July was already matched this year in February! 


Paris-Nice



The ‘Race to the Sun’, is held in the first full week of March. It is often a tell, tell sign for those who will also peak at the Tour de France later, in July. There seem to be a host of riders this year who will challenge for the maillot-jaune, in both races! Paris-Nice though may be more exciting as no-one knows which of a handful of riders, will elevate themselves as a favourite for victory. The map depicts the route, unsurprisingly from Paris to Nice (but stages vary each year)! Key third stage on March 5th stage will be a Time-Trial in Auxerre. No-one will want to lose time so early. Remco Evenepoel, Tadej Pojacar, Tom Pidcock, Primosz Roglic, Jonas Vingegaard, to name a few!


(Note, I have just found out, that it is in fact a Team Time Trial on March 5th, so my assumptions stated above, are less precise)!




Wednesday morning 8am.

Very satisfied!

I made the best cappuccino that i have ever.

So smoooooooth!

;)



The reason, the milk and froth was not poured directly from machine, instead into my Bialetti jug , swirled enough, before gently pouring on top of my double shot espresso. A cappuccino always has a chocolate sprinkle too (the Cappuccho monks hair). 

I had become far too used to making my single-shot macchiato every morning, which is just 1.5 teaspoon’s milk froth on top of a single espresso.

Anyway, sorry, obsessed!


My wheelchair has been fixed too - HAPPPYYYYYYYYY :)

1 comment:

  1. That cappucino is amazing! Stay happy Pat πŸ˜ŠπŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete