Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 16 August 2023

LOUD!

DeepHouse music… loud!


2021

        


2022


Homero Espinosa 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nlRFt6ilpA


I open this post  with a sample of the artist who I currently listen to the most. Homero Espinosa, through his soothing Deep-House music, provides both a calming rhythm when needed, but also gets me ‘in the zone’ when I train on my indoor-bike (Moto-Med).

I guess my university days had a life-long influence on me! Thank you Dan for recommending this artist! 


World On Fire 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008zv1/world-on-fire-series-1-episode-1

I am a few episodes away from completion, but I seriously recommend ‘World On Fire’. I realise that it was first shown back in September 2019, but I missed it, possibly due to a number of broken bones and hospital visits ( I don’t know). Therefore, I may be reporting old news for you all.  



The series opens with stark, contrasting imagery of a main character Lois, performing in a jazz club, and footage depicting a blown-up Warsaw.





As the threat of the Nazi regime looms large over Europe, translator Harry Chase vows to help his Polish lover Kasia flee Warsaw, but how will he explain this to his sweetheart Lois, waiting for him at home in Manchester? 

Meanwhile, American journalist and broadcaster Nancy Campbell is at the Polish-German border, making a grisly discovery. In Paris, surgeon Webster O’Connor finds the distant threat of war on his doorstep as he falls for French-African jazz musician Albert Fallou, who has been beaten up by the Action Francaise mob. ‘ (BBC)





Regular readers of this blog, will know how I loved reading the works of Albert Camus. His explanation of ‘Absurdism’ really intrigued me. (About 2/3 into this post-link)

http://patrickgoodacre.blogspot.com/2017/08/this-time.html


Although this may be foreseen as a depressing topic, Camus recognises this and actually explains the solution. 

Personally, my understanding is that…

Life may be considered absurd, and futile. Maybe it is.

Live for the ’NOW’.


A valuable video which explains the theory, and the Camus solution…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hJZEq61KeM





Tom Pidcock




An all-conquering, young British rider, who is one of the most-complete cyclists around. Pidcock has just won the world title to become a ‘World Mountain-Bike Champion’, having competed highly at the Tour de France this year (following victory on L’Alpe D’Huez last year), and winning further road classics including Strade Blanche this year! He was born in 1999! 




How to stay positive when facing dark times:

Love what you have. Recognise these things as positives. 

Things that you don’t have, cannot be truly considered as real, they don’t exist. 


Take a step back. Zoom out. View things from a different aspect.


Every human being is unique. 


Reread that sentence.  

You are so special.

You exist. Human existence is a supreme specialty, but to then add in the fact that no-one is, or ever has been, the same as one another. 


You may desire the same ‘thing’ as other people, but remember, you are different so therefore the relationship between yourself and desired ‘thing’, will be different to others’ relationships with a same ‘thing’. 

Comparisons are pointless.

Nothing is constant. The world is round and constantly spinning around.

Live YOUR life. Only YOU can.


YOUR life is YOUR journey

No comments:

Post a Comment