Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 3 September 2019

everlasting!




Firstly, I want congratulate my brother, who got married to his wonderful  girlfriend, this past weekend. Dominic and Holly both put in extreme effort in order that everything was perfect! The  pair succeeded, the event was incredible, and will live everlasting in the memory!
Best wishes, thank you both. xx
:)




Where does it go?
I DO NOT LIKE using something but then leaving it’s future life to my ignorance. I was always conscientious, but this obsession began seriously, before my accident, whilst working in Sustainable Design in 2005/06.
Post accident, in my rehabilitation home (2008-10), I remember forcing every other resident (and every staff member) to correctly use various specific bins for a variety of materials!
Finally, recycling is the norm. If you fail to do it correctly, shame ON YOU!

Food packaging is the worst culprit for this generation of wasteful material. It may be recyclable, however if you know that it is not but you still consciously choose to spend your money on everlasting litter, do not, you'll harm our environment forever. If not even bio-degradable, FORGET!
There is nothing worse than single-use material. Being so  harmful myself, hurts me. I am a life-long patient of my Brain Injury. I receive Physiotherapy and I must keep belief that I will regain the ability to walk. I had been working hard to reduce the requirement of medication (I take muscle-relaxing pills, twice a-day). A ‘mishap’ (fall, broken femur/hip joint, surgery twice), reminded me of how dependent I am on these pills.


I have no choice but to consume these, packaged in such ecologically-harmful packaging. 
I say with pride that this is possibly the only thing that I use which cannot be recycled (to my knowledge), or is fully biodegradable. Toothpaste tubes being one other...
I will leave an everlasting mark on Earth, through pill packets and toothpaste tubes!
I admit to owning a huge shelf of CDs, virtually all-of-which were purchased in my previous-life. They all hold everlasting-memories/emotions for me. I know that Compact-Discs will never degrade. This upsets me, but I can do nothing but accept my failure. I currently use a powered-wheelchair, which uses energy and is charged-up overnight (most nights). I sat on the bus this afternoon, pondered this, realising that I do not own an automobile, and recognising just how much energy and material I save.
I have to rely on ‘my wildcard’...
… ‘All evens out’
The sum of everything, is zero.



Rulers determined to scrap democracy?
Bad times!
Scary times!
Defend your right, 

DEFEND DEMOCRACY!

No comments:

Post a Comment