Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 27 August 2019

I've been banned!

So...
I've been banned from Sopratutto!




...The tiny coffee shop that was an incredible, wonderful place, when called 'Amici', an independent coffee shop run by Italians (back in 2015/16)
... The new owner took over, and chose to place Ice-Cream freezer where I would've previously positioned my wheelchair. I visited less frequently, but would be happy to sit, squeezed in the front edge the shop. The venue has always been 'inaccessible', but I am used to finding my way around this problem with my wheelchair, at a number of venues. 
The past few years has seen a change in Surbiton, losing Starbucks, but gaining better Independent Coffee Shops such as Wags'N'Tales and Surbeanton (both of which are accessible for my wheelchair, and serve MUCH BETTER COFFEE).
I admit, I had been feeling guilty that I never visit Sopratutto anymore. So I went to grab an espresso today...
They refuse to serve me, saying that I am banned. The only reason that I was given was that I swore!...
I swore once, a few years ago to the barista, as a joke. We were friends, and let it pass.
I had only 'angry feelings when 'my one spot' was engaged by an empty baby-pram. There was no room, i was told to go elsewhere, (by a very grumpy member of staff). Angered, disappointed, but i accepted. There WAS NO SWEARING.
The coffee shop is still inaccessible, despite having been promised otherwise, by the new owner.

Why ban me from a place i can't get in anyway?!

But hey, no disappointment, I will never 'feel guilty' about going elsewhere!
Surbeanton serves the best Espresso.
Wags 'N' Tales serves the best Espresso Macchiato.

Italian's do it best.

2LoveTea&Coffee in Clapham Junction for the best Double Macchiato.
The Soho's Bar Italia serves the world's best Cappuccino.

Nothing else is needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment