Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 10 May 2019

Take two



‘Don’t look at a problem, look through the problem’ 

A very wise quote that I heard from a fellow patient in hospital. Thank you Richard.




I cannot drink coffee if...
Served in a cardboard cup. Coffee should never be served in a cup which melts! Love your cup, be proud. Keep it. Re-use it.


Traffic-free! 


If Edinburgh succeed with such, thank you for leading the British Isles in such a way.

I am sorry that this post is so rubbish. I cheer myself up...


As yet, i have not fully investigated this organisation, but they seem full of progressive, and potentially very positive solutions...



Saturday April 20th, I fell in bathroom
Kingston A&E, x-ray, nothing found
I stayed overnight onto Easter Sunday, at my parents’.

Return to living as independently as possible (support is needed). My stubborn determination makes me attempt toilet transfers. Again, and again, i am only half successful. I could transfer to the toilet but then would collapse, returning to my wheelchair. And Again. And Again. Fortunately, vital support/aid, could always be found from family, friends, and neighbours.
Determination, will power, and my love of pushing pedals, powered me to sit in my flat, on my ‘MotoMed gym-bike’.

It was just over one week later, Monday 29th April, I felt shoots of spasticity, up my left leg, through my left hip, agony in the supermarket!

I return to hospital and have  had physios and doctors deciding that surgery on my hip was needed. So I am told by the nurse who is pouring morphine down my throat...
‘Ive been told by the physios who almost ready to see you, to give you a strong painkiller.’
....Bring it!
Last Friday, I was surgically operated on. I am sat in ‘recovery’, feeling such relief.

Monday 06th
It takes all, to make all. Last night, I had severe spasms again, in my legs, resulting me to cry out in pain. I apologised to the rest of the ward, soon after. Embarrassed, but I do realise that hospital patients generally should recognise that disability can affect everything. They will be strengthened by this ‘gain’, as long as they can view it as such.

I go for the x-ray check-up Tuesday, from which it is discovered that my hip has become dislocated again (providing me with an explanation for  Sunday/Monday night’s pains). 

I had surgery (hopefully my final), yesterday, Thursday 09th but I am now trapped by wearing a full-length leg splint on a bed with pillows surrounding me, holding legs in various positions.





   

1 comment:

  1. Patrick - I hope you are recovering well - Hopefully you will be back in Surbiton’s coffee places soon!

    ReplyDelete