Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 17 May 2019

Action Plan

I want to include the text this week, that I already supplied to Facebook, and onto the Kingston Green Party’s page (earlier in the week).








The text is a copy from the ‘Friends of the Earth’ webpage (https://friendsoftheearth.uk/)...
A Climate Action Plan includes...
6 key areas which we can change, and which affect us all...



TRANSPORT
What the government needs to do:
Stop the sale of petrol and diesel cars by 2030. Invest in brilliant and cheap public transport, cycling and walking everywhere.
What you can do:
Take fewer long-haul flights – and use the train instead of the plane for shorter journeys.



POWER
What the government needs to do:
Stop generating electricity from dirty fuels and ban fracking. Aim for 100% clean energy from the wind, sun and sea.
What you can do:
Keep your heating below 18°C and switch to renewable energy.



BUILDINGS
What the government needs to do:
End the misery of cold, expensive-to-heat homes. Fund a massive insulation scheme and shift to eco-friendly heating.
What you can do:
Install roof insulation(or ask your landlord to).



AGRICULTURE AND LAND USE
What the government needs to do:
Stop using our land for intensive farming. Double tree cover to help stop climate change and let wildlife thrive.
What you can do:



INFRASTRUCTURE
What the government needs to do:
Stop backing projects that fuel climate change, like airport expansion. Start making climate change a deal-breaker in all spending decisions.
What you can do:
Ask the government to adopt our Climate Action Plan. 


INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE
What the government needs to do:
Stop funding fossil fuels. Pay its fair share to support more-vulnerable countries to cut carbon pollution and deal with the impacts of climate change.
What you can do:
Help stop our plastic waste polluting other countries by calling for a new law.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Now I type, as I am stuck in hospital. I have had hip surgery twice (my thigh- joint popped out of it’s hip socket, even after the first surgery). So I am wearing a brace on my leg to hold it straight (restraining it from moving and potentially dislocating again)!

Man oh man, I was instructed that it must stay for 6 weeks! Negative news is always balanced by positive news.
I have had such positive news today. Yesterday, I was visited by a wheelchair mechanic who created an adaptation to my foot plate, which means that I can now sit in this manual wheelchair, even though my leg is braced up. Existing in a wheelchair, means that I can move (not independently, but much more than before)! For instance, I was wheeled downstairs to a  neuro-gym, this morning. I  as so content and happy.
I had the surgery, a week ago from today (Thursday 16th) so... 5 weeks, and counting... 20th June (i originally stated an incorrect week short)!.
Then... who knows?...
Truthfully, I do not know what to expect. I know that I will progress back out of here, and further, but how far, no one knows. 
My life is work. Many of you may feel that your work is your life, but i know that my life is my work!


One gulp!
A photo of how i woke up this morning!...
At first, I was fairly apprehensive, but now i realise that I just have to trust. I cannot taste any, all have to be swallowed as one!  




Some new music provided by The National. The new album is out today, containing this ultra-progressive masterpiece. Only one influencing band can be identified, by myself... the mighty Radiohead.
Hairpin turns

No comments:

Post a Comment