Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 October 2018

Only YOU

The importance of smiling
- Only YOU
- Great Joy


... A relatively short list of notes, imply ‘A short post this week’. We’ll see...

Are you OK there? Do you need any help?
The comment that I received on Saturday morning. I had just returned back to my flat from my ‘morning coffee’. I then discovered a local newspaper in my mailbox, and was reading an article, when quizzed. As ever, absolutely no harm was intended. Contrarily, the woman was offering help. 
I was immediately self-conscious, and despaired. Does everyone look down on me? I was sat in my wheelchair, outside my own home, reading a newspaper! What had i done, to alert for help?
Difficult situation, as, essentially I must appreciate the concern, yet the reality is that I feel slightly hurt to be rapidly identified, as ’needy’ and ’different’.

Tom Morello
  • Tom Morello - New album - ‘The Atlas Underground
  • Album opener ‘Battle Sirens’, is 4 minutes 03 seconds of pure attitude! This instrumental opening is a brilliant ‘mood setter’ for the rest of the album! 
  • The similar ‘Morello essence’, found in Rage Against The Machine, can be felt here, without Zac De La Rocha’s angst-filled vocals.
  • All songs on this new album are results of collaborations with Tom Morello and fellow artists. 
  • I am a big fan of instrumental track 8 ‘One Nation’, then followed by the soulful, funky, rock tune ‘Vigilante Nocturno’ (track 9). 
  • Twelve songs in length, but nowhere does Morello ‘calm down’. Each tune is full of rock guitar, funky tunes, and mind-blowing energy!

The importance of smiling...




‘When you’re smiling (The whole world smiles with you)’... Louis Armstrong 



Miserable weather hit Surbiton high street, inducing this 'blog note'. 

  • Bad weather. I stop. I must smile. It works! You will not only improve other people’s mood, but you will certainly affect your own mentality and actions.
  • Find the 'positives’ (everyone has them, if desperate just consider the opposites of ‘negatives’!). Then feel ashamed by your attitude towards ‘bad weather’. 
  • Remember, the ‘worse’ it is now, results in the ‘better’ it will be in tomorrow! Unfortunately our effect on a Global Climate Change, will affect this grand-balance! Thank you Donald!! :(

The key...

Be confident in yourself!
Only you know what you can do. 
Only you can deny yourself (by making wrong choices). 
Only you know your ultimate goals.
Only you deserve complete belief in yourself.
You will achieve what you believe. 
No-one else should ever know.
Only YOU.

A few screen-shots of il Giro di Lombardia. The final, big race of 2018

New World Champion, Alejandro Valverde, proudly sported the famous rainbow jersey (above).

Deserved race winner, Thibaut Pinot (below), had to fight off a gallant effort by Vincenzo Nibali. 


International football, this past week, has provided me with great joy.
Both nations that I follow, were facing a possible relegation from their group, if they lost these away games...

The pressure on Italian head coach Roberto Mancini was incredible leading up to their clash in Poland...
Manager Antonio Conte, celebrates victory with his squad. 

Left-back, Cristiano Biraghi (Italy and Fiorentina), scrambled the ball home, for a very late winner!


A new tactical formation was employed. I am a big fan. Three, top quality, attacking, creatives compliment each other, with great effect!


England built a greater result, away in Spain. The youthful team, promises great things for the future.



10.05pm
Tuesday evening, I returned to Surbiton late after a local Green Party meeting. I had not had a coffee since mid-day. I DO NOT RUSH making proper-coffee. I realised that it may be too late by the time I reached home. I zipped into Zizzi restaurant, and enjoyed quickly sipping an espresso. I always sleep so well, once a coffee has cleared the mind!

How can I expect anything of my life?
This hurts me. 
I do not know how I can aim for anything. 
I am incredibly lucky to be here.
Disability has restricted me, currently.
I don’t see how I can ask for anything else.
I cannot dream, but I feel like I should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment