Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 October 2018

I am different


  • - I am different —--
  • - Existence on a sub-human level —--
  • - Despicable Gove —--

Art always draws from pre-existing inspiration. Music is an art.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbNCq9GtWZw Thom Yorke explains theory behind music for Luca Guadagnino’s film, ’Suspiria’.


Thom Yorke - Suspirium - the video

A brief, explanatory article, by Rolling Stone Magazine...



The truth.
  • A problem of mine is that I cannot help but speak the truth.
  • I have a pair of fully functional eyes (glasses only needed for long-distance). I have forever been, and still am, visually aware. 
  • I think it is rude to stare. 
  • However, if offered praise, I think it must be considered positive. If you cannot take it well, you miss out.
  • I am desperate for people to understand that I am more than just meets the eye! I cannot lead a regular life. 
  • I am different.
  • Be proud of being different.

I hold this next song as the closest to my heart (alongside Jeff Buckley’s ‘Oh, Lover…’). I remember living in my first student house, in my second year at Loughborough University 2003. I heard Cat Power for the first time, sing this on the radio. I then researched the rest of the 2003 album ‘You Are Free’, before i bought the CD in Loughborough. I fell for this song, like nothing else before. My flatmates thought I was into weird and depressing music, but hey! I was single at the time, but I was in love with this song. Later, my girlfriend respected it, but I don’t think anyone truly understands how much i feel love for this song. 15 years later, still irreplaceable. 

Thank you Chan. 


 14 quality tunes! I love all, but Track 10 is special.


'Maybe Not' by Cat Power (Chan Marshall)



  • I do feel that I am alive, but I exist on a ‘sub-human’ level. 
  • I am treated ‘differently’ by everyone, because I am in a different situation. I am given priority for many things, which highlights ‘my need’. 
  • Therefore people may think that I am a NEEDY person. 
  • How can this vicious circle attract any partner?... Ohhhh I need love. I am not lonely, I am forever proud, but ...
... Oh, so it goes, you come in on your own, in this life, you know you leave on your own. 

My love...


  • I have been forced to live life, independently. 
  • I welcomed this, as I was at a youthful age, mentally preparing to ‘start adult-life’. Independent life was what I was prepared for...
  • ...Then, I awaken, in hospital!
  • I am disabled (jeez, I must’ve been ‘real close’)!
  • My life is ruined, but it hadn’t started yet (Formula 1 analogy - I was given a false-start. From my good grid-position, I must have a delayed start from the pit-lane)!
  • I have always had a very ‘laissez-faire’ attitude. ^^^^ happens, some things are unavoidable. There is not a way of explaining everything rationally.
  • Different people will cope with problems, in different ways. It is up to us to attempt to solve it in the most applicable way. If WE are the problem, only WE can fix it!
  • I believe that we all have destinies, reached as we journey along our fate’s path. Certain things are inevitable. We have no choice.

Mauro Icardi v SPAL

Mauro Icardi (Argentina & Inter Milan) is one of the best strikers that I know. I consider him as the best, most prolific striker around, currently. I surprised myself by my punch in the air when I saw him score the above goal! I am not an Inter Milan fan, but I do like many of their players. All of the top European football leagues are very tight, currently!

Michael Gove
‘The Environment Secretary, who is widely disliked in Brussels for his high-profile role in the Brexit campaign, has failed to attend any of the EU council meetings since he came to office, always sending deputies instead.

But his non-attendance at Tuesday’s important meeting following the IPCC report recommending “rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society” angered environmentalists, who said his “failure to engage” was damning and showed the limited extent of the Government's ambitions.’
The Independent website 10/10/18


Despicable
Gove deserves no respect from me. BREXIT, and now this…
Idiot.



This morning, I heard a superb interview with Tom Morello, on BBC 6music. Morello has been a key member of a number of acts, including -

- Audioslave
- Rage Against The Machine
- Prophets of Rage

tom-morello-sonic-conspiracy-solo-album-bad-presidents-make-great-music

The rock guitarist has released another 'solo album', The Atlas Underground (released today 12/10/18)!
Morello included vast contributions, from around the globe, resulting in a fairly eclectic, big sound! Well deserving 'a listening', at least!
A quality artist, forward-thinking, with 'a voice' against all these regressive politicians!
I have only listened to the album once, so far, so any further 'review' by myself, would be unfair!
Next week!...

No comments:

Post a Comment