Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 28 September 2018

The start

best duet ever
term starts
culture shift IS starting

’New layout’ has won.
- This website is updated every week. 
- It is inevitable that your main user-interface (‘Home’ screen) develops with time.
- I introduced a new-scheme last week, aimed at Mobile-Device viewers. 
- Not too detrimental to regular computer audiences, and popular, it stays.  

A day without. Are we living, trapped by our watches?
- I was on a bus to Kingston, last week, and i suddenly realised that I had forgotten to wear my watch. I had my phone in my bag, so the time was available to be viewed, if needed. 
- I continued throughout the day, comfortable, as i realised how ‘free’ I felt. It was a Sunday, I had nothing planned, therefore I had no restraints. It felt surreal and brilliant to be so free. I realised that, not since my early-hospital life, did I feel so free.  I had no restraints whatsoever.
- Just live. 
- I am a lot more ‘able’ than my time in hospital, obviously. I could do a lot more than i realised!

One of the best duets ever?
Without you I’m nothing Placebo with David Bowie




Shorts last forever
- The end of September signifies Autumn. Summer’s gone. 
- The weather is still warm, warm enough for me to wear my long-shorts. 
- I am still an obsessed cyclist. I just cannot ride a regular bicycle. I am used to wearing shorts. 
Powered by 'Cubetti di Gloria', on Mapei socks

- I stop wearing shorts, accompanied with cycling socks, after the World Championships’ Road Race (Sunday). 
- This event also signifies to me a time from which I can halt my ‘Gym-bike training’! It will continue throughout the winter, new targets will be set for next year! 
- Targets throughout 2018, were all reached! :)
- New PB in time for the World Championships!

A lumpy parcours awaits World Championship riders in Austria. 


September, term starts. University town, Kingston is awash with students.
My life before. 
I was a student, I could dream of my future... 
Eventually, I was in the process of completion. All work? Done.
I awaited my second graduation ceremony. 
I was in love with a wonderful girlfriend. 
I was a very keen, active cyclist. 
I was employed. I believed that my life was just about to start. 
I miss those days. 
I am incredibly lucky to have lived my life. 
I remain forever proud of myself, and incredibly grateful to all friends who I’ve made, along the way. 
You have all been part of me. Thank you!

Supermarket sells coffee without cups!


The culture shiftIS starting! :)
My delight was found when i saw this signage in a local supermarket. The company obviously feels comfortable, having enough customers hooked on their coffee, and fortunately it stuns people that...
....‘They must bring their own cup’!
This really raises the profile of the issue that I have been banging on about for aaaaages! Public awareness is raised. Thank you, Waitrose.

Cat Power = Hero
A super, mini-biography of a super musician

In an elevator at Clapham Junction, i shared with an ‘older couple’...
‘Wow!’ Tut
‘You are so lucky,
Your wheelchair...
When I was in England, we didn’t have these things.’
Oh, i remained silent, but how i wanted to respond. I really wasn’t in the correct mood to respond pleasantly, so I best keep quiet.


Marissa Nadler



Her new album 'For My Crimes', is out today.
I am currently listening for the first time, so a review would be unfair.
A wonderful, delicate voice is beautiful but can be haunting at times.

A couple of beautiful @parisAMDparis twit pics...





No comments:

Post a Comment