Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 21 September 2018

content identity

  • Green Energy
  • OK Computer / Traumatic ABI
  • Identity

Please have a look at this blog’s past, through the archives.
I have tried to make it as easy as possible...
- Go to Archives page (archive page)
- Select a year
- There are only nine pictures displayed, per year. Follow the specific month-links (below images) for the original picture!



I realise that I may be driving you all crazy, with my constant promotion of ethical businesses. It is my blog, I don’t charge you anything, so I hope that my words are read, and effect can be felt. 
Last week I promoted ‘Ovo’ because they seemed such an ethically positive company, but small. 
I presume there maybe plenty more Green Energy, that must be promoted, deserving a boost.
‘Britain’s greenest energy company





OK Computer /  Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury (Traumatic ABI)
  • I am constantly recovering. Twelve years post-accident, but I had to accept that life from now on was in ‘recovery mode’. 
  • My life had been ‘shut-down’, I had to recover as many ‘key files’ as possible, whilst in hospital. My life was ‘re-booted’, whilst aided by support power supply, in my rehabilitation home. 
  • Once re-booted, i moved to live independently. Unfortunately human brains are not as simple as computers. A human brain is a conscious creative, with the power of both logical and emotive-reasoning. 
  • There will never be a true way of fully rehabilitating an injured brain. I have always been told that ABI recovery is not a destination that can be reached, but it is a life path which is to be journeyed.
  • I cannot have lifelong aims, targets or goals, anymore.  I live the journey!
  • I am constantly recovering, as i live. 
  • I was ‘lucky’ to be the age I was, as much as it could be viewed as ‘unlucky’. 
  • ‘Lucky’, I had completed all work required  for my second graduate qualification in design.
  • I had my list of ‘personal goals’, all achieved. This included things like Radiohead at Glastonbury, Tour De France on Alpe-D’Huez, Employment in an Ethical job  (Sustainable Design Research team), etc.
  • I had a wonderful girlfriend. All was good, too good. 
  • There is no way i can enjoy a life like that again, but I am lucky to be here at all. 
  • Make sure that you don’t live with any regrets. You never know when your life will be reviewed, by yourself or whoever.
  • You WILL look back on yourself. Be happy. Be proud. Be content. Always.
  • My young age, helped my determination through my Rehab homes. I am a determined human-being, and believe me, if i set myself goal, I will reach it (no matter how long it takes).


  • I was leaving my flat, Monday morning, looked at myself, panicked. Did my blue tops clash with my black shorts? 
  • I was on the way to the gym, so I ignored my panic, took a photo, which were to help me review, later on! 
  • This must seem obsessive, i promise you I am not. However, if something catches my eye, I can become 100% focussed with complete attention paid!

If you think you can do something, then YOU CAN do it. Your success is likely. Should you doubt yourself at all, or even have the slightest hesitation, you will most likely fail.

This note is written on Tuesday 18th September
Mercury Music Awards 2018 (Thursday 20th)…
My vote goes to two albums that were released, late last year! 
- Noel Gallagher`s High Flying Birds - ‘Who built the moon?’


 - Nadine Shah - ‘Holiday Destination’


It’s Friday, results are out. I was wrong, nevermind. Congratulations ‘Wolf Alice’!

  • I am content at being regularly recognised. 
  • I am always recognised, and greeted by many as i am about town. My town, it is probably because people know of me. 
  • However, where ever i go that is new to me, I try my hardest to maintain a friendly persona. I do this so regularly, i notice that it alarms me if i am not smiling! 

It’s not what you know, but ‘who you know’! It saddens me to remember that earlier, post-accident, I would be so sad and angry because it seemed that ‘everyone looked down on the poor man in the wheelchair’. This may still be partially true, but i feel i am more content with my own identity now! 

(Rihanna cover)


  • Wednesday, on ElevenSports, I watched Fiorentina draw, against Sampdoria,  in the ‘Stadio Luigi Ferraris’ of Genoa. 
  • Dressed in the ’Green’ away kit (representing the ’San Giovanni’ quarter), the team was led with great pride, by new captain, German Pezzella. 
  • The Argentine, centre-back wears Davide’s Astori’s armband in honour.
  • The late captain, who passed away unexpectedly, on March 4th, is respected greatly, by the whole of Florence. 
  • Davide Astori, Il capitano sempre con noi. (Davide Astori, the captain always with us)


My gym-bike
  • I have already reached the ‘autumn goal’ that i set aim on, at the start of the year.
  • So I spend the next week trying to see what goals could be targeted, next year. I have decided that it may be detrimental to cycle and always increase resistance. 
  • Stable maintenance of at least a 50rpm speed, is what should be used when cycling.

  • Lana Del Rey, an artist that has already been promoted on here, a few years ago. 
  • Validly, she gained huge success. However, I unfortunately was not a fan of her mega-stardom, what would she do next? How would she follow this? I admit that I even doubted her talent, as she seemed an over-produced and a ‘Hollywood Starlet’. 
  • I have since watched a YouTube documentary, and have been ‘won back’ by this star.
  • She is a true talent. Her new music provides a wonderful display of her attitude, and social angst, towards the ‘industry’ which she has been forced through.  
  • Those who have given up on her, believe me, she deserves a second chance!
  • Lana Del Rey - Venice Bitch. 



You may be able to tell that this post, is a test-run of a new layout aimed  for increased legibility on a mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment