Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 24 August 2018

over-charged


---- Public focus ----
---- New music ----
---- Over-charged ----



Pushed into public focus
I am used to expressing very honest opinions on this blog, as I regularly feel that I must prove that I am just a normal bloke despite what people see. I now know that I am regularly recognised. A trip down the local high-street, everyone greets me with a friendly welcome and a smile. This is brilliant, providing me with essential self-confidence. Confidence which is carried with me throughout the day. It is very likely to be passed on.
My mentality feels prominent. I want to share, when I can, as nothing but positivity, as I have been pushed into public focus.

In my first life, my nervous confidence was always carried, but always remained hidden, safe, unneeded.
Since my accident, I am quite unaware of owning a self-confidence in such strength, but instead, it has been recognised, very differently. I now know, very astutely, what can or cannot be done. Therefore, I very rarely ‘fail’. There is very little point in attempting something which cannot be done. If I attempt to do something, I am ever-so-confident that it can be achieved. It may take time, but I know that it’s goal will be reached.

New music has been found this week from a few artists that have already been included on this blog, but provide new, quality tunes.
Little Hurricane - Hunted

No further release information from the Little Hurricane, has been found by myself, as yet. 

My second artist of the post, is one of my top 5 favourite, of all time. Cat Power releases her new album ‘Wanderer’  in early October (released October 5th)


Cat Power - Woman (feat. Lana Del Rey) (Official Video)  



Don’t live over-charged!
We spend much of our lives using mobile devices that store power for mobile-use but rely on being charged up from an electric power supply (no matter how many ‘charging devices’ we have, powered essentially from a mains supply). We may not be as conscious of using power, but we are likely to still be eating from a finite supply. Percentage of devices’ power level is displayed to us clearly. We can all tell ‘how low we are running’. It may be human nature to charge devices, as much as possible, so there is less chance of running out. We all (I include myself), often over-charge devices. Therefore we are wasting so much.
I live in a powered-wheelchair, and this has always alarmed me. In my 'rehab-home', I was encouraged to charge my wheelchair, every night. I did so, initially, but I always felt guilty for ‘over-charging’ my ‘chair. I no longer do this. Whenever you over-charge a battery, you eat away at it’s capacity. 
By living on ‘Mobile-Devices’, we risk to be eating more energy than we need. There are so many benefits of these devices, we MUST be aware of the large, ‘unseen’, negative... their energy use. Only charge when running too low! Switch your device to ‘Low Power Mode’, in emergency!

I feel guilty about rambling on too much about my views regarding our impact on our Ecology. My work experience in Sustainable design, my education in a broad range of subjects, and experiences of my ‘new life’, provide me with a small feeling of duty, to tell of such theories!

I may have not been able to ride a bicycle for the past 12 years, but I still consider myself to have the mentality of a cyclist! Perhaps old news, but this man is so special. David Walsh has the ability to explain truths. Professional cycling of the 1990s was a dark, dark place. Some were fooled by the cheats of Lance Armstrong, in the following years. No-one could speak out. It should be no wonder that Armstrong ran the sport.
David Walsh speaks English on German TV...

Blog archive update
A clearer explanation of photos supplied ‘in the box’ (archive box).

Released over ten years ago, on revolutionary album ‘In Rainbows’.
RADIOHEAD - Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
A live, legendary performance at Glastonbury 2017.


I type the text of my Blog post, today in the best 'DeliCafe' in Kingston.
Giuliano's DeliCafe
http://independentcoffeeshops.blogspot.com/p/g.html

lunch?
mmmmmm





No comments:

Post a Comment