Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 17 August 2018

blessing in disguise

- A ‘blessing in disguise’.
- A step in the correct direction, for everybody!
- What energy do YOU use?

……

Everything is a ‘blessing in disguise’. There are both ups and downs, of everyone and everything. All bad, negative issues, have an element that can be felt positively. It is a mission of every human on this planet to recognise this. If enough people recognise the positive aspect, it will grow, and so effect will increase. 
Negatives will always exist, but it is human nature to reject these. However, we must not ignore them, as we will risk letting them grow uncontrollably. We must maintain control.  Recognise and respect the negatives, focus on the positives.

……

A step in the correct direction, for everybody!
Thank you Caffè Nero - Glass cups replacing harmful polymer cups. 


Caffe Neros in Eden Walk (left) and Surbiton (right) were initially cited by myself


Thank you Caffè Nero. This chain company of ‘High-Street Coffee Shops’ should be congratulated. I emailed them earlier this week, thanking them for showing, dutifully, a responsible attitude towards several, key sustainability issues. It may take time, but others must follow!

Initially, I recognised their desire to move progressively, encouraging customers to use their own cups. The aim, surely, is to increase public awareness of re-use, re-cycling and ‘closing a loop.’ It reduced the public reliance on plastic ‘take-away cups’ (instant, non-biodegradable litter).

Like several companies, Caffè Nero has moved away from plastic straws. Their introduction of cardboard straws is another move in the right direction.

It has been this third discovery, that overjoyed me. I was in the Eden Walk branch, in Kingston, on Monday, when I was overjoyed to find that plastic cups were no longer in use. Now, re-usable glasses were stacked ready to be used again, and again... and again. Public awareness will peak, culture shifts are always born small, local to somewhere! 
……

Energy resources
What energy do YOU use?






Although I have been emailed by the company today, telling me that prices will inflate in the future (as expected), I was pleasantly surprised, whilst quickly investigating the British Gas website. The image above shows a table that was offered. I am relieved to find that the largest source of energy supplied by British Gas, originates from renewable resources. Just under half in total, shows that it is by far the largest supplier. 

……

PB on Birthday!
Increased twice already, since, but a present given to myself on my birthday, was a ‘sense of achievement’. On the gym bike, I always love going ‘100%’, so I usually do. My birthday was no real reason not to test myself. Mission successful.
:)



…A quote from page 46 of ’Sickness unto death’, by Father of Existentialism, Soren Kierkegaard.
An open, creative mind is essential for all. As Kierkegaard explains, ‘imagination’ and ‘possibility’ are key for human minds. We must not regard anything as ‘impossible’. Those who believe in ‘Fate’, or ‘Determinism’ may disregard ‘possibility’ or ‘chance’, but will not allow for an existence of ‘impossibilities’. Nothing is impossible.



I admit failure. I have read half-way through this book, and I retired from continuing. Too deep for me to comprehend. Back to a story written by Sartre, I must go!





Giorgio Chiellini - 14th August 1984


Many of you will have seen already. A good friend bought me a ‘Ltd Edition Bialetti Alpina’  for my birthday! So, a ‘very’ good friend!! ;)

I needed to wait until I had an ‘converter’ for my Induction hob. So, I first used it on Tuesday 14th. I felt a name was needed for my new love. I knew that Giorgio Chiellini, the great Italian, Juventus (formerly Fiorentina), defender was celebrating the same birthday as me just three days after! A name had been found! ‘Giorgio Bialetti’ was born!  







No comments:

Post a Comment