Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 15 June 2018

more, better...(recently edited)


I shared the above video with friends, this morning. Today does seem to provide us with beautiful weather, in London. 

No adverts
I have chosen to scrap commercial adverts from this blog. 
‘Executive decision’.
I do not really mind too much, how popular this blog is. It has always been a therapeutic tool for me to voice opinions and ideas, and I REFUSE TO TURN IT INTO A COMMERCIAL TOOL.
I enjoy the fact that certain companies have chosen to advertise through it, but this is MY blog, of which I should have 100% control.

Everybody always wants better
I believe that, fortunately, it is human nature to desire a progressive improvement of everything. To allow such an advance, humans must remain careful that Earth progresses as one. Every country lives and exists allowing a balance for Earth to progress. Such insular behaviour by any single country has the potential to knock this careful balance. Should the world reach such a state of imbalance, how will it manage to progress? This may be too scary to comprehend. We have progressed beyond the destructive, 20th century. Humanity has been shown how clever and powerful it is, but also how evil and harmful it can be, to itself! We are almost a fifth of the way through the following century, and some humans still get irritated by things as childish as ‘the colour of a nation’s passport’! We want more, better, more, better … forever. How can we do this? We must develop sustainable solutions to everything! We have the power to develop this, if we want it.

Everyone has a drive to improve their situation. Unfortunately, many seem incapable of considering ‘humanity’ as a whole, instead of just themselves.
_______________________ Donald Trump to the UK, and show him that there is sooooo much more to this entire world than he seems to give anyone outside USA, credit for. If the world is to develop sustainable power successfully (the need of which, is explained in previous paragraph),_____________________________________________________________. All of humanity should take less nationalistic pride, and must consider our entire world, as one.

Why have I picked such existentialist novels/authors?
Well, I am forever encountering an endless list of issues which I negatively, have to discount myself from. I cannot include myself, or even attempt to do so mentally.
I therefore have to maintain my confidence and self-belief, by ensuring that there is an opposing opportunity that I have/ or will be found. Personally i feel that, everything can be defined as existing first, then can be attributed various different positives/negatives, depending on different viewpoints.  Importantly, something exists. There may be MANY different ways of describing, or explaining it. 
A cube may be painted, or drawn or depicted in a number of different ways (so given different essences), but as long as it has existence as a three-dimensional object of six, square faces, it is a cube.
Hehehe, got it? There are always different ways of viewing something. It is up to us to find the best positive/negative way.   


Smashing Pumpkins 

I immediately messaged my old college friend, on hearing this new Smashing Pumpkins tune on BBC 6Music. I was at college in the opening years of this millennium, so I was already late-comer to the Pumpkins. I felt that I had missed much of Billy Corgan’s heroism.
Solara - The first recording in over 18 years to feature founding members Billy Corgan, James Iha, and Jimmy Chamberlin.



Some Thameslink trains stations
To my glee, I travelled on some ‘Thameslink’ trains recently. I have been planning my route, as I need to use ‘St Pancras International’, in a few weeks. Not every station has been built to new standards, but many stations do seem to be using such. The accessibility throughout, is incredible. When the train pulls in ready to board, the platform is marked for passengers, whereabouts they can expect the train’s doors to open.  The train arrives, and the soft, material bumper creates a bridge from platform to train. The train also has a lip from the doorways, strengthening this ‘bridge-way’. Obviously, the stations have been designed correctly, incorporating higher platform levels. There are no need for ramps. I inquired with station staff, and whilst it does seem ‘perfect’ theoretically, there have been some problems occasionally.  For instance, platform markings are not 100% accurate, although this doesn’t matter, as one can readily move up or down the platform to locate doors. I am sure there are other issues, as NOTHING is perfect.

The trains' protruding lip combined with the platform's soft, rubber cushion provides good access, to and from platform/train. 


The interior design of the train, is clear, wide, accessible, linking all carriages together. Very positive!




My coffee excuse
I drink an ‘above average’ amount of coffee. After progressing through and out of hospital and rehabilitation homes, I jumped at the offer of the amazing flat which I now inhabit in Surbiton. Awe was paid by others, as I welcomed the inclusion of an Induction-hob. It is a very good, flameless stove. A couple of years later, I found my suitable Bialetti Moka device. I could now make a beautiful espresso coffee. I think that Bialetti only make a 3-Cup Moka device compatible with an induction stove. Each coffee that I make using this method should include 3 shots of ground coffee. I put enough water in, for two cups, or three espresso, so I have one later! However, STRONG espresso are all I am able to make! Coffee shops will know that I usually just order a single espresso (with a glass of water). I recognise my addiction, but DO NOT want all of the other stuff in a ‘Extra-Hot, Super Skinny, De-Caff, Latte, with chocolate sprinkles, and marshmallows, TO-GO’! Grow up!

 A Single Espresso is one coffee. Britain, beware of your gluttony!


No comments:

Post a Comment