Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 29 June 2018

Battle Ahead!

It’s gettin' better man


It is unfortunate that England lost last-night, however the positive aspects are shouting out to me. I think that all but one country felt in a similar, positive mood, on Wednesday afternoon...

It was late Wednesday afternoon, the football had finished, my friend drove past me,  near home.  We greeted, whilst I was wearing THE BIGGEST GRIN :) ...
‘Why do you look so over-the-moon?’ I was quizzed.
She was showing similar joy, ‘Oh, Germany...’
I explained that I will not celebrate the loss-of-a-team, so, my true congratulations go to Sweden and Mexico.
But... c’mon!




Sir Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke



A very interesting web resource discovered this past week, the TLS provide two articles that I wish to share here. Primarily, I researched an article regarding Friedrich Nietzsche...

'After all, if it is bad to suffer, then all your efforts should be devoted to avoiding suffering; and if it is good to be happy, then, that should be the aim of everything you do. But human excellence is compatible with neither the pursuit of happiness nor the flight from suffering.'
Brian Leiter


The second article that caught my interest was an article regarding the current World Cup, in Russia. Ostrovsky explains many of the political issues that Putin has worked, played, used, and triumphed in. 
Bloody games


This is the 21st Century, and this disgusting problem STILL EXISTS! 
Why has society not evolved?

  
“You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” 
Albert Camus

George Orwell can be considered to have been one of the most forward-thinking authors of recent times, philosophically and politically. Throughout much of my latest read ‘The Lion and the Unicorn’, political events that he predicts are all unerringly accurate, despite written midway through World War 2.



More George Orwell quotes

A few of Camus quotes, chosen and presented by myself…







Our world has evolved with such progression, over the last century. The consecutive World Wars seemed to leave many feeling ownership of a ‘blank canvas’. Hundreds of  thousands have been lost, passed away in wars since. Wars against humanity. We fight ourselves, to the death. Why?
We are now living in the Third Millennium, we must look forward progressively, not behind us at ‘our historical enemies’. We must not split into neighbouring countries, we are ONE. We are ONE WORLD.  We must recognise our needs. Everyone in EVERY COUNTRY needs Earth’s climate. Battle ahead!
Want to fight?
We must fight to save our climate and ourselves. The enemy? Ourselves. We can win this, easily, if we choose. We will only lose if we remain inactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment