Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 4 May 2018

Progress


I complete writing this post on Thursday (Election Day), but i will publish it , as ever, on Friday (day of ‘the count’).

I have voted...
...That was surreal
It was incredibly satisfying voting for myself! One has three votes, so all three Green candidates in my ward, were ‘crossed’. Results remain unknown on Thursday, with little chance of me mentioning it, on my blog, in this post. The only opposition is ‘the big three’ parties. We are the only ‘positive, progressive alternative’. 

It is also the start of the 101st Giro D’Italia with a short ‘prologue’ time-trial in Israel, around Jerusalem! For the first time, there is an Israeli professional cycling team participating in a the 3-week Grand Tour.



‘Israel’s first ever professional team, Israel Cycling Academy, has been invited to the Giro d’Italia and has declared that, thanks to seasoned riders who have secured victories in two of the three Grand Tours, they expect to add a stage win in this year’s Giro and to place a team leader high on the GC.’
I have already selected my favourite to cheer on, for three weeks…
Frenchman Thibaut Pinot.



So it goes
I find the above ‘modern-blues’, so comforting. Lyrics are so direct and sincere. I do regularly, sing-a-long as I find myself feeling the same.


Life
Roll my die
Change this life
You said this movie was mine
But now you go and change your mind
This is my life
So it goes
You come in on your own in this life
You know you leave on your own
'Cause I don't need no cause
When my feelings fall

I believe that ‘on-the-go culture’ halves  one’s experience. Not only does this modern, fashionable culture reduce independent’s competition, it results in great environmental damage with litter problems, and it seriously reduces the chance of food consumption in a respectful manner. Instead, we are encouraged to consume as much as we can, as quick as we can, so that we can consume more, and more, and more. Excuse me for being an angry old man, but I remember when people respected the food that they ate. 

More music. Current music! Progressive music...

After releasing ‘The Epic’ in 2015,  22nd June this year, we get a new album ‘Heaven and Earth’.



No comments:

Post a Comment