Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 11 May 2018

BAN IT!

Fortunately, I had no previous experience of standing in an election. Therefore, I had no expectations. There was very, very little pressure on our ‘Kingston Green Party’, if at all. It could have been considered as a disappointment, for some of us. It is a shame that local residents are happy with an ‘old system’ and seem afraid of embracing the future. However, the success of the local Liberal Democrats involved the near-complete failure of the right-wing, Conservatives. This fact pleased most! :)

(Most of the following type, was used by myself as consolation-communication with fellow Greens, post election)!...

We lost (or rather, ‘we didn’t win’) but to be totally honest, being Green is not about winning everything. If we were a whole lot more competitive, ‘it wouldn’t be green’. Life as a Green always seems to be about guiding, correctly ‘from the outside’. I am comfortable with this. Improvements can ALWAYS be made! There will always be opportunity.
My good friends in ‘Richmond & Twickenham Green Party’ were more successful, and this makes me sooooo happy! Well done Andree, Monica, Rene et al! :)

Only wheelchair
It struck me several times, whilst at the Kingston Election Count. In a sports-hall filled with various party members and candidates, I was quite aware that I was the only wheelchair-user. Yes, there was a woman on  Kingston Labour Party, who temporarily needs a walking stick. Although the situation made me ‘stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb’, it made me stop and consider myself and my recent history! Pride :)

One of my favourite films ‘Belleville Rendevous’ was re-introduced by a good friend. The full-length version available on YouTube! 
Les Triplettes de Belleville (2003)

Foos (from ‘my time’). I saw them in a closer, smaller show at Brixton Academy (’99), then headlining V2001 festival.
The greatest rock band, I still listen to when I feel angst (I do)!
Foo Fighters -Stacked Actors (live)

Most of you will know that I am a lifelong Arsenal fan. One manager for the past two-thirds of my life!
Thank you Arsene.


#MerciArsene
We lost this week to Leicester, away at the King Power Stadium. 
Much respect was given by their fans, towards the end of the game!... Honestly, they sung...
’There’s ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER!’

Most people have busy, active lives. It seems like such, to me (from ’the outside’). People work during the weekdays, wherever required. They receive an annual income, part of which can be saved (to be used how they wish). Summer comes, they go travelling, on holiday, with their loved-ones/close family. They work professionally, but receive valuable ‘time-off’.
I cannot attempt to plan anything. I never have ’time-off’. My life is work. Yes, there are good times and bad times, but I NEVER am allowed to feel 100% relaxation. I am not employed, receiving an income. What would i spend it on? I don’t know.  I know what it means to be alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae7Z3Q2KIy4
Twelve years ago, the Alps, hmmmm. Oh, i loved the Alps.
It has always been my priority to rehabilitate as far as I can, instead of letting a profession take over my life. My rehabilitation is a life-long, never-ending task. I try my upmost to keep busy, offering voluntary work, keeping myself ‘relatively physically active’, and blogging about my life!
I want a girlfriend. I want a relaxing holiday. I want to ’switch off’.
... OK, yes, I need a miracle.
I want a coffee! 

Accessibility has improved greatly. My mind got boosted positively as I left the train at Waterloo.
The sun was out. The best Espresso called. I knew where I was due!
Luca knew my order before I asked!! 
Happiness 
This is the life!
: )






Only once (she did look incredible)!
I had survived the whole day in London without being weak, I thought. As I head back down Drury Lane, (towards Aldwych and then Waterloo Bridge), I stopped a woman and showered her with kind compliments. She looked stunning, yet i knew that i had failed myself, so she looked at me questionably. I was obviously so angry with myself for ‘being so outgoing’, and apologised for myself. She welcomed my comments (as girls always do), but I still felt so angry with myself. I have to continue to accept it, if I have positive thoughts, I HAVE TO spread the positivity! I cannot let people just view me as ‘a wheelchair’. Unfortunately, behind their smile, worse is probably thought!

‘OMG! What have you done to your leg?’
Hehehe. Sunny weather has induced me to start wearing shorts. My leg splint is now visible, and it seems to alarm many. I may be restricted to a wheelchair, but the fact that I’m wearing a leg-splint alarms people. I don’t know whether to see this fact as positive, or a negative!


Coffee is a drug. Coffee is special. Coffee should be respected.
We love it. We need it. We must drink it PROPERLY.
Grind your own coffee. Make your own drink.
Care for OUR WORLD!
BAN THE POD!


No comments:

Post a Comment