Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 January 2018

Ride Green

I found the beginning element of this post, last week, but I was scared of ‘eco-friendly overkill’! I didn't want to turn you away. An interesting tool, waking everyone up...

How polluted is the air in your street?

Most readers here will have worked out my 'PG logo'. However, I am scared that I may need to spell it out clearly for some!...



Football 
Aaaaah, memories of classic Premiership title confrontations between Arsenal and Manchester United. A few key players stand out in my memory, however there is one legend that stands above all!
KEEEEEOWN!!
Martin Keown reveals how he used to intimidate Sir Alex Ferguson

This machine will, will not communicate
These thoughts and the strain I am under

I sit in my local bar/cafe, which is a comfortable, relaxed experience during the week. Then the weekend comes, everyone lives with friends or family. No-one knows. Rows of houses, all bearing down on me. I am greatly comforted by the radio presenting Radiohead, and Mr Yorke’s vocals faaaading out agaaaaaaaaaaain.
I finish my cappuccino and leave at the end of the song, rapidly. I can’t stay here.
I'm not posting the song. You should know which one... no?


Inspired by the tragic loss of the great David Bowie. Super music, by Lost Horizons


My life is different to everyone else’s. No matter how hard that I continue to try, I live a different life to most people in ‘the normal’ world.
As soon as I start feeling negative, I get angry with myself, and immediately consider all the positives!
I am constantly ‘stuck in the middle’. I may never feel ‘100% happy’’ again, but I can never allow myself to feel down, as i know how far I have progressed.

Rosa, Azzura, Ciclamino e Bianca
Overall, Mountains, Points, Young age

The four colours leading different competitions in the first Grand Tour of the year, the 101st Giro D’Italia. 
It has been recognised for many years that these three-week long national tours have such a damaging impact upon the environment. Finally, this problem is taken seriously, and although impact may only be reduced a small amount, it is a start. There is no 'Maglia Verdi' this year, but the entire Giro is to ride Green!

The race is again, starting in a foreign country. The 101st edition starts in Jerusalem and finishes in Rome.
May 4th in Jerusalem
May 28th in Rome 


A shorter post this week, so i include some music that i rediscovered. Released when I was a university student, in 2003. I loved this music, but I cannot believe that I had missed the CD out, when copying my entire collection onto iPod!
The Cooper Temple Clause were a personal favourite, although i never saw them live. I listen now and compare to Mogwai (Mogwai much more instrumental, but similar).I understand my attraction. I still love the contrast in styles between electronic rhythms and hard-rock, both used in a single song.





My final note, this week, is to advertise ‘the way forward’.
One shop can embrace steps into the future, but we must encourage others to follow. General public awareness, has grown over recent years, but our problem is the requirement of a culture-shift by the entire Globe. 
Please act correctly, and sign this petition.

If Iceland can do it, what stops others?

No comments:

Post a Comment