Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 January 2018

'alternative'

My espresso cup
today...



I have now selected my Espresso Cup that I carry about me, in my bag. I go into coffee shops, asking for it to be used. I only have Espressos during the weekdays. Longer drinks are had at home, in the evening. Many of you may be puzzled, why I do this, and truthfully, effect may be minimal. I aim just to raise a vague awareness of a ‘potential-culture-shift’, that i would love and embrace...


Stay in the shop. Drink an espresso quickly!
  • Independent Coffee Shops need customers to use their shop correctly.
  • Caffeine must be recognised as a drug, duly respected by everyone. People need coffee ‘hits’. Do not consume what is not necessary. Just drink shots of Espresso.
  • Plastic, ‘throw-away’ cups turn into non-biodegradable litter in under 30mins after being bought in a shop.
  • Respect. Show respect to the shop that you have bought your drink from. If you like coffee, pay it attention. 
  • Few humans can sufficiently multi-task whilst pedestrians and coffee drinkers, simultaneously.
  • Primarily, the issue is ‘the fight against littering the planet, for eternity’
  • We need to preserve our planet. Why use more plastic?
‘On-the-go culture’ is destroying us!

I have found this news item, and I welcome this concept...
Introduce a 5p Charge on Disposable Coffee Cups

I noted this recognition, earlier in the week. I had previously rejected these very initial thoughts, as i really didn’t want to recollect how i felt. Very truthful, very honest. Straight after this, I felt shame for my girlfriend, but initially 
Some of my first thoughts, after ‘waking’...
  • where am I?
  • ‘Hospital? I am going to have lost so much fitness.’
  • ‘I will be so slow, on my bike...’
  • ‘Shit! This is a serious tragedy that I cannot even ride my bike...’
  • ‘What will I do?’
  • ‘Oh, I can’t even walk! I’ll just have to re-learn’
  • ‘It may take time, but hey, s*** happens!’
  • I regret nothing. Keep your mind. Be proud of keeping your mind.

Halfway through a tasty lunch on Monday, after morning Gym, I enjoy a plate of scrambled egg on toast. I pause

These clear moments of reality hurt me. I have no choice but to try and twist things. 
I am halted, as a girl wearing a dangerously short skirt has walked past me to join her friends. My head gets twisted around as I observe (I am male).
I continue eating. Knife and fork, but ‘incorrectly’. I am quite proud of this however, as I know how far I have progressed. 
Unfortunately I know I must ‘stick out like a sore thumb’, because of my disabled individuality. Everyone who doesn’t know me, must be looking down on me. This is a shattering fact. I feel forced ‘to play my wildcard’. 
I am a lucky man.

Professional cycling is now a global event.
Although my focus usually begins with ‘Paris-Nice’ (early March), I welcome my passion to start sooner, this year… 
TDU
January 14-21, Wakefield Road, Adelaide,

Some photos make me laugh...


Some fools deserve to feel disrespected...how do we shake hands?


****! (There are 'alternative' descriptions)


A hero, that is a regular appearance on this blog!..


Diane Birch @ Stageit 01/31/2017

Opens with a super cover of George Michael’s ‘Careless Whisper’





No comments:

Post a Comment