Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 22 December 2017

Winter wonderland


First note, made earlier in the week, explains my personal desire to act in a way that i see fit for all. I carry around with me, an espresso cup, used every time I visit a coffee-shop. I want to alert people of how much of a waste their ‘on-the-go coffee habit’ creates. I admit that the benefit I actually create, is near negligible because I always drink from a cup inside the shop, anyway!

One cup battling against this ‘throw-away culture’
  • problem. I sometimes have a ‘double espresso’...
  • Maybe I shouldn’t do the above?
  • Which cup should i use? Such a stresssssssss!
  • This trial is an experiment

Winter always makes me think of the Iceman. Christmas always makes me think of a Winter Wonderland...

There’s only one Dennis Bergkamp
one Dennis Bergkamp
walking along,
singing a song,
walking in a Bergkamp wonderland!






Merry Christmas!
Yesterday was Winter Solstice. Plan ahead.
Days get longer now... Summer's coming!

A charity whose cause should affect everyone indirectly.


Reprieve is an organisation of courageous and committed human rights defenders. Founded in 1999 by British human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith, we provide free legal and investigative support to some of the world’s most vulnerable people: those facing execution, and those victimised by states’ abusive counter-terror policies – rendition, torture, extrajudicial imprisonment and extrajudicial killing. 


...

7th Birthday
Total - 132,139


The 20th December 2017 marked the seventh year completed by this blog. I do not wish to create financial gain from this, but audience has grown near continuously, meaning that i must be doing something right!

Cumulative totals...
2011 - 3195
2012 - 9020 (5,825 views)
2013 - 16, 483 (7,463 views)
2014 - 23,454 (6,971 views)
2015 - 30897 (7,443 views)
2016 - 42,089 (11,192 views)
2017 - 132,139 (90,050 views)

My 'Bialetti Induction Moka' is allowing me to produce good work, keeping my level-head!


Music. A personal favourite of mine, Diane Birch, released a wonderful song. I was emailed news of her release, and given the following weblink...




Album of the year:
I am announcing my ‘album of the year’ a week early. If, in the off-chance, something suitable is released in the coming week, it will compete next year. I talk so prestigiously of this status, because erm...
... EVERYONE should have an ‘album of the year’.
I narrowed my choice down to two nominations, to which i listened a few times more!...

Julie Byrne - Not Even Happiness


Or 

Noel Gallagher - Who built the moon?
  • Fort Knox
  • The Man who Built the Moon
  • Dead In the Water 

Noel wins. Julie Byrne released her album earlier in the year, and I have listened to it sooooo regularly. Her magical, enchanting voice, is beautiful, yet powerful and deep enough to hold such meaning. Key songs ‘Sleepwalker’ and ‘Natural Blue’ I heard, out of context on the radio, and they are mesmerising. She brings a big smile to my face every time.
Noel Gallagher wins. It wins because I believe he has created a truly masterful album, that in coming years, will be regarded as iconic. The three stated songs (above) are key. The album opens with ‘Fort Knox’. Wow. One is immediately struck with such a powerful tune that must show examples of Chemical Brothers’ influence. Incredible. ‘Holy Mountain’ follows. Track 10, ‘The Man Who Built The Moon’ is such a strong masterpiece. I feel that this tune will become anthemic soon (next year).  
The penultimate tune is a wonderful, slow, acoustic treasure (recorded live for Irish radio). A super route to finishing a super album.




No comments:

Post a Comment