Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 29 December 2017

_appreciate and respect_

I wish you all the best, final festivities to this season. If you are celebrating it as a ‘new year’, then may i wish you congratulations for finishing one calendar? Not everyone reaches this point of full solar revolution, as it takes 365 days! However, people break their different challenges, into different durations. No challenge is identical therefore it does seem strange to me that everyone must be celebrating at this exact moment in time! 

Sorry, I get a bit deep and weird there!
HAPPY NEW YEAR



Appreciate & Respect 
Show appreciation and always maintain respect for everything, both desires and necessities. 

I really hope that you enjoy what you experience in 2018! 
In order for this to be possible, you need to be able to recognise that  ‘sh*t happens’. By recognising 'negative absurdities’, you will start enjoying a lot more. Be grateful, appreciate and protect what we have. Maintain respect.



EcoEgg


‘Ecoegg was born out of the lack of alternatives to chemical laden laundry products that were kind to skin as well as being natural and effective.  By harnessing the power of nature we hatched our first product, the Ecoegg Laundry Egg and haven’t looked back.’




We take our responsibility to the planet very seriously, it’s central to everything we do and every decision we make. We do our very best to reduce the impact on the environment at every step of our journey.
We commit to:
  • Always source raw materials which have the least impact on the environment
  • To never, ever test our products on animals
  • Wherever possible, work with suppliers who take their environmental responsibilities seriously and we will work with them to minimise our joint impact
  • Wherever possible, source our raw materials from the UK. Occasionally it isn’t possible to do this. In these instances we do our best to ensure goods are transported in a way that minimises our carbon footprint as much as possible.
  • Only use FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified paper and board for our packaging
  • Only use vegetable based inks for our packaging and printing
  • Mark our packaging with clear and concise recycling instructions
  • Recycle as much of our industrial and office waste as possible

I have recently been introduced to this product, use it, and have fallen in love with the EcoEgg. It seemed a tragic disaster, that almost everybody, without hesitation, forced our world to consume such harmful chemicals, for a ‘cleaning process’. 




2006 Alps TDF



Over 11 years ago! EEEEK! 3 months before my accident, I lived my dream… 
I had cycled in the Alps to watch the Tour de France, climbed L’Alpe D’Huez, and on the following stage to La Toussuire, I was able to get a photo of my hero, David Millar! I had spotted him, had my camera ready (yes camera, not mobile phone, it was 2006), and crouched down in the road to get the best shot!… In disbelief of my luck, another showing race number 146! Thank you David! @millarmind






“When one has once had the good luck to love intensely, life is spent in trying to recapture that ardour and that illumination.” 

“What we do for ourselves dies with us, what we do for others remains in the world today”  Albert Camus


`


I signed up. Christmas had just passed us. I always feel incredibly lucky to be here. I have been a member of FOE before. I knew exactly what i was doing. As you can probably work out, I hold the causes incredibly close to me. They not only affect me, but EVERYONE.
One does not have to begin a subscription of any particular value. The charity let you state how much that you may be willing to offer, how often, and whenever.
I did, and so I encourage you to do the same.
I have since recognised that it is a new year, aproaching. 

So, why not do something good?





No comments:

Post a Comment