Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 20 October 2017

We must respect it

Unnerving weather, indirectly led me to the following video (explained below).


Whilst searching for ‘End of the world as we know it’ by REM, i uncovered this video. Unrelated, but one of the coolest tunes ever! Josh Homme appears on this blog for the second week running, again on a ‘Later...With Jools’ clip.


wonderful news!
‘Ahem’, Donald?
If only Mr Trump could wake up, and view how much offence he causes to others, across the entire world. A simple warning for Donald, the more hate you provoke, the more enemies you get, the less happy you will be. You should witness the calamity that NF has caused Britain, through his lies for Brexit. It would be disastrous to play the citizens of America for fools, in the same manner! The whole globe watches with great anticipation.

24hrs which offer a surprise pattern of weather, seems to alarm so many people. It quite simply explains to us, that we take weather for granted. We often slate British weather, and the rest of the globe laughs at us as ‘Britain’ and ‘rain’ are associated together by many.
Elsewhere on the planet, more ‘extreme’ weathers are experienced. We must realise that we are all incredibly lucky. Up to now, these ‘extremes’ balance each other, and some of us recognise how sensationally fragile but supremely important, this balance is. 
We need our climate. We must respect it.

Music.



Earlier in the week, the route for next year's Tour de France was announced. It could be seen as both a classic, yet a revolutionary route! I list a few key points below...
2018 TDF 7th July…

- no prologue
- early short Team-TimeTrial
- Stage finish, through cobbles in Roubaix
- Only 1 Individual-TimeTrial, penultimate day & short
- Mountain Classics including a short stage (65km long, 38km uphill)

The misery of delayed trains. I write this note whilst waiting for a train on a platform at Wimbledon station.

Yet again, this is annoying, and felt by many, but it gives me the chance to realise that this is ‘the real world’, and it makes me happy to recognise that ‘real world disruption’ like such, may seem like nothing in comparison to my past experiences. I have progressed through a 'protected-rehab life', and now experience the life, back in the 'real world'.

No comments:

Post a Comment