Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 27 October 2017

1/3 of Fish

I have forever enjoyed Italian football because of the tactical sense shown by various defences (beginning with early 90's AC Milan). I am an Arsenal fan, used to play myself as a defender, so i feel able to recognise quality in this position.
Last Sunday's clash of the top two, was magnificent!  
One of the best 0-0s! Many may have predicted a festival of goal scoring, but Italians know more.
Quality football throughout. World superstars such as Mauro Icardi, and Marek Hamsik, were kept silent by several extreme performances from both teams.
Grazie mille Napoli et Inter Milan.

Urban Hymns 20th Anniversary (+1month)
I missed the 20th Anniversary of the brilliant, third, and most successful album of one of my favourite rock bands.


Many of you will know the album already, however my favourite song from that era of the band, was a 'B-side' of 'Bittersweet Symphony'...




On hearing that the strength of the British pound is growing at a slower rate than previously, is an alarm for some. I am no economist, but let us wake up to reality. The world balances precariously, as the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Whilst this may please some people now, the whole world MUST unite in order to successfully tackle the climate problem that we all face. Brexit ignorantly opposes this concept. I cry in utter disdain. 
We cannot enhance a European unification of sustainability standards, as Britain will have no say. Therefore Britain must act as a guiding light. Progressive sustainability MUST be at the forefront of everything we do. If we are going to 'lead the way' independently, it must be the right way. If we want other countries to follow us, we must lead the correct way!

PB
I surprised myself last Monday. I attended the gym, as ever, and set another 'Personal Best', on the gym bike. A total surprise, as I had not trained specifically for it. I had been training less, but it seems that it was a higher enough intensity, to work! Now, in the 'off-season', I will have a rest but just 'keep the legs turning', minimally.

Leaves 🍁 
Halted, temporarily, by a mass of leaves on the pavement, but i stopped, started, stopped, started, etc, and eventually made it to the supermarket!
Mildly irritating, however, I was able to recognise that it was Autumn in October! This made me so happy! I remembered that we used to experience four seasons in 365 days...


38degrees
After receiving an email containing the shocking fact stated below, I started my monthly donation, supporting this cause. Please take the survey linked, and then do as you see fit...

Millions of plastic bottles are used every day, and many end up littering the sea. The problem is so bad, that a third of fish in British waters now have plastic in their bellies.

i don’t want to make a big thing about it, but I have very wise followers on social media...
... useful contacts


‘It’s not what you know, it’s WHO you know’

I can make girls smile, but no-one finds a wheelchair attractive. Unfortunately, a wheelchair and me are partners, currently. It is a one-way relationship!

Buses in half-term
A recent note, made yesterday, made me realise how lucky I am that things have improved. I think that there was some 'family event' in Kingston, as Buses seemed full (unable to allow me to board), due to already carrying two prams. I remember how I used to get so annoyed if this were the case. There is a clear sign on board that 'buggies should make way for wheelchairs, if required'. Some drivers agree to play by the rules, others just ignore the TFL displays.
Ah well. C'est la vie. 



Facing the Future - Moral Choices in Post-Truth Times: The Environment
Stuart Downward, Associate Professor, School of Natural and Built Environments at Kingston University, and Baroness Jenny Jones, Green Party and former London Assembly Deputy Leader

The talk, held at Kingston University, last night, was super. A couple of quotes from Jenny Jones...

‘If you don’t have a Green in the room, these problems aren’t discussed.’
Baroness Jones explains why it is so important to have at least one Green Party member in any political discussion.




The following quote, describes such a vital fact. I have long considered this concept, but it terrifies me that many people do not live by it, and they cannot accept it. Earth is a globe of a constant size. Once at a maximum, we cannot increase. We have ONE PLANET EARTH.

‘There is no such thing as constant growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment