Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 25 August 2017

like penguins?

I have become more of a self-assured, extroverted, confident personality, since my accident! This is because I do not hide. I have no choice, but to be recognised. As soon as anyone views a wheelchair user, they fear the worst. I have become used to the fact that only I know me. Only I know what I can or cannot do. Only I have fair expectations. Even people close to me, knew how disabled I was, initially post-coma. Most people (whoever) don't know, so fear the worst. No-one, not even medical-staff or rehab-staff, truly knows my level of brain-rehabilitation. I am still human, I am still unique! 

Monday morning, I washed my hair. Shut my eyes...
Whilst soaking my hair, eyes shut, I breathed deeply and thought to myself about how happy and proud I was. I had awoken early, as ever on Mondays, to buy a coffee, and then take the bus to the Neuro-Gym. Entirely independent. I had done this many, many times before, but for some reason I was thinking very introspectively this week.  I remember how reliant on others, I had been. I had always been confident of progressing. Thank dog, I have done, partially.


I have been wearing this facial hair for a while now. After switching and forever changing it, i maintain this basic shape. I want to explain why. One line attempts to hide any thought of a double chin. The vertical/spot balances the horizontal.  People will look at me, and see a wheelchair. I want to divert attention slightly, maybe!… People may be incorrect and assume that I must need a carer to do such, but i try and show my independent ability. I shave every morning, and try to keep it fairly smart! 
Hehe ‘fairly’!

Mobile communication is wrong. I find it so offensive to watch people attempting to talk to someone but they are actually communicating with another on a phone, simultaneously. Communication should be clear and direct. If you do not supply such, you do not deserve a response at all. Focus on what you are doing, if you want it done correctly! If you consider yourself as 'far too busy', grow up! It's easy to plan! Work out who deserves your attention. Do not attempt both. Put your phone down, and live in the real world of the present!


I only lie when I love you 
Royal Blood 



Daily Mail reader
Don't read the Daily Mail in front of me. I may react badly!!
Socks in sandals, as well!?... 

Hehehe ... FOOL!

When I got angry, complaining that British people are greedy and egocentric,
‘More More More More More’ 
My friend simply said ’what like penguins?’… Followed by a Pingu impersonation,
Obviously, she meant it as a joke, but further investigation proves this to be a very interesting concept
British people are penguins 🐧 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlWLVgozVs

'Pingu and the Seal', 'Britain and the EU'?…
hmmm…
Ok, it is not just British people. Human nature
'More, more, more...'
Humans must realise that if one takes something, then one loses something. The more that we demand from the world, the weaker the world becomes. I want to live in a strong world.

'ARE YOU OK?'
I am at a bus stop, as a man approaches me, visibly timidly, with caution.
He then slowly, loudly and extra-clearly asks me this three-word statement.
I don't know how to react. I feel deeply offended, he is treating me like an idiot, but I know that he is just offering assistance for something. I laugh his comment off. 
All wheelchair users are grouped together, by too many people. They do not think users have any ability at all.
It hurts me to recognise this again. 
I must just ignore, and forget this incident.


Queens Of The Stone Age
Villains
Greatest ever album introduction?
‘Feet don’t fail me’

The new album, 'Villains', is released today. I have yet to listen to it, fully, but the opening tune begins with such an immense power, it bodes well for the rest of the album!...

No comments:

Post a Comment