Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 18 August 2017

Embrace the future

Smile. I am always smiling on the outside because I have to focus on positives, inside. These exist, always battling to counterbalance the negatives. There are obviously huge 'negatives', but one can ensure that they are easily, simply twisted into 'alternatives' . I live an alternative life to EVERYBODY. Everyone does. No person is identical to another. People may be similar, but everyone is unique. There are always positives and negatives. I have no control over this fact, but I have to keep my mind from slipping.

Friedrich Nietzsche
'He who strays from tradition becomes a sacrifice to the extraordinary; he who remain in tradition is its slave. Destruction follows in any case.' - No. 70 - 'Man Alone With Himself'



Evolution is real, we have to move forwards in the correct direction. I will not halt and remain tradition's slave. 

I get surprised by this country's democratic, political choices. Then I experience British people. Our seriousness, our greed, our 'proper, almost-regal personas', show me why this country's broken. British people can live so uptight. Too uptight for our own good?

Avoid tradition. We must avoid being trapped by traditions. We must embrace the future. There is no escape. Embrace it.



I learnt from the radio, this morning, that the Norwegian Military has introduced little barcodes on the front of their battleships. By copying the Swedish military, tabs and numbers can be kept accurate because
... when they return to port, all of the residents, Scandinavian.
...

...
... ;) sorry 

GIuliano's 




I supply a weblink to my review of my favourite coffee shop in central-Kingston. My photos below, begin to show how the shop's interior has improved recently. Not only a new colour scheme has been embraced, but positioning of the payment counter, and much of GIuliano's food preparation space has shifted. There is space now for customers to sit inside, at the front, and key for myself is the new flooring which removes the large step at the front of the shop. Fully accessible. This shop needs as much publicity as possible.



It has been there for a long time, food and coffee is always supreme, yet it is struggling as an independent at the centre of an ever-evolving town centre. Close, direct competition exists with large multi-nationals. Kingstonians are all so lucky to have this cafe in their town-centre, it MUST BE PROTECTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment