Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 18 November 2016

Today is a gift

Kingston rainbow

One of the best espresso's in Surbiton.


Two notes of today's date November 18th 2016. Totally separate.
One of my personal heroes, the late Jeff Buckley was born 50 years ago, today. Died, aged 30 in May 1997, but was born on November 18th 1966.
Of a globally wider-significance, today marks a century since one of the most costly battles of all time, was concluded. Today's date, marks 100 years since the Battle of the Somme ended.

I continue typing, but it will be difficult to return to this blog from such a huge, disastrous topic!

My week's first note -
Sweaty arms!!!
Basically a note explaining my surprise. I finished at the gym, monday morning, glad that i felt something that I have never done so before. Never, even before my accident, had i felt my arms sweat! Legs, unsurprisingly, yes. It is only, in recovery from this injury, have i actively trained my arms. Monday was the first time that I felt sweat gather  on both of my inner-arm creases. Strange satisfaction! 

I am so lucky. I am forced to live this alternative life. I had spent life from the ages of 12-22, similar to most, full of energy, spirit, expectation, hope, confidence, love. These young years are lost (not forgotten), by everyone, forever. Education aims to prepare people as best as possible for life’s next stage. Education of everything lasts forever, but our abilities to learn at such a rate, diminish. Humans then smoothly enter adulthood. Jobs are attained, desires and attractions are shared, and families maybe created. Younger years on life’s road, fill you full of hope and expectation. My road led to nowhere.



Take today as a gift. We are all lucky. Live for now. Now is the present. Be grateful for the present. 
Do not waste time living in the past or future. The past is gone forever, and the future never exists now, but may always taunt our dreams.

Not widely released yet, but as a fan, I was emailed by her via 'bandcamp'. Below are the words I sent in reply...
Diane Birch, ’Night-Time Talking.’ (slightly morbid, 'arty' video to magical tune)







'Thank you Diane. 
Beautiful, soft vocals, yet haunting too. You always work magic on me!
:)
You cast an enchanting spell on me, yet again.
Thank you'



No comments:

Post a Comment