Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 11 November 2016

lost for words

Hello all!
This past week saw this blog pass at total page view count of 40,000. You don't really care, it has forever been recorded and measured for entire the life of the blog. It is about 2 months short of it's 6th birthday. This alarms me, as I have been living alone for six years, and there are still key things that i am missing. Entirely my problem.
40,000

People enjoy hearing the truth!
I learnt this from the beginning.
The best thing that I have learnt, since my accident, is this...
All people welcome the truth being told to them. People seem to be pleasantly surprised, when an explanation is given involving correct, true facts. It seems that people are scared of some truths, but if you can deal with them, don't be afraid.

Cats rule. Ok.
Cats are superior, and they know it. 
Cats look down us.


Dogs are dogs. 
A cat looks at both humans, and dogs, condescendingly. It is beyond their comprehension that a dog may s*** in a human pathway, do nothing about it and expect a human to clear it up!
In comparison to cats, dogs are stupid, foul and dirty, yet humans love them! Understandably, cats cannot comprehend this.

Often, I pause and am forced to take a step back. Reality hurts me greatly, so I find another view...
I am so lucky/unlucky not to be on the human conveyor belt 
I experience a different, very lonesome life. The clap of the car, on the side of my head was when I was thrown off of the conveyor belt. The 'human conveyor-belt'. Life continues in the same direction, we are all on course to reach our final destination. It has only been because of this lonesome, floating, existence, am i able to view the rest of you, happily, plodding along on life's path. You do not realise it, but you are all trapped onto this conveyor belt happily living all very, very similar lives to each other. You all find lifelong partners, which you need, and is good for you. You are all so similar. You are lucky enough to inhabit this special, unique planet, yet you have reached a tipping-point that is irreversible. Take, take, take, but we all must be prepared to give back more. Now the planet's natural reserves of so many unique elements have been drained, completely. We humans, live in a lazy ignorance. We don't know what is going to happen. Human intelligence is wise enough to cope with vast quantities of scientific facts. We cure illnesses, discover histories that we thought were lost forever, and we fly off to other planets. This knowledge is then used to predict future results, correctly. It is wrong for us to ignore science, if it doesn't suit us!
Everyone cannot rely on just telling people, directing others. Each human being, is not only responsible for themselves now, but also the entire future of humanity!
Please act responsibly.
We owe humanity.
The global success of such regressive politics, is terrifying. Both the UK and USA have had democratic disasters, electing victors who could be seen as puppets for an extremist National Front (NF). One puppeteer does spring to mind, given those letters...
'Just warning you all!..

I was lost for words (almost).
I was delighted to meet Caroline Lucas MP, earlier in the week. She was part of a team, promoting progressive politics, campaigning for a proportionally representative electoral system. Amazing speech.



My note is made, as i explain how foolishly I hadn't prepared what to say to her. I am confident in my ability of explaining my feelings, without any preparation.
This time was unique. I cannot remember meeting someone of whom I have such an incredible amount of respect for. 
I survived, saying everything that I had wanted to, but I was in such awe. Special. Thank you 'Green Party'.







My coffee blog. Hmmm. I looked at the map of South-West London. A fairly even spread of red-crosses (coffee shops) across the area, obviously heavily concentrated in my local area (RBK). However, I decided a trip to Clapham Junction was needed, and i had already been given directions to a worthy coffee-shop!




Curblless Clapham Junction 
St John's Road
Leaving the station, I approached the cross-roads with the famous 'Arding and Hobbs' department store in about 1 o'clock position. I turn down St John's Road (3 o'clock).
'2goodteandcoffee' is further down this road. I enjoy the use of the new buses here, but also applaud the introduction of a new 'curb-less' road/paving system. This is an obvious advantage to those of us in wheelchairs. There is a shallow trough for rain-water to flow into drains, which also provide a slight texture difference for those with visual impairments.



Greatest Scenes in Film: The Great Dictator - Final Speech
The above scene is incredible, well worth viewing, to all those who felt as low as i did, regarding US politics.



Silhouette photo


I took the photo on my phone yesterday before i was told by someone that it is just a silhouette.
'A rainbow is just a silhouette'.
Magical silhouette.



Today is Armistice day. 98 years ago, today!
Sunday 13th is 'Remembrance Sunday'


RIP Leonard Cohen. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment