Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 28 October 2016

Let down

Hehehe, perhaps surprisingly, this post's title has been chosen in relation to yet another harrowing decision by Theresa May (I include her name, because I am apportioning blame)! Following her decision on direct development of British nuclear power, she has continued breaking promises, by choosing to expand Heathrow airport. I can pay no respect, sorry. 

There had been failed arguments against her choice, claiming that different airports deserve expansion. These are also weak, and poor choices. British people must wake-up and realise what is really at stake.

There were too many late reactions of dismay, posted on social-media. 
That is what social-media allows us all to do. Voice opinions. All must be respected.

A map of future traffic in the air...



Too many 'not in my backyard' arguments.
Flight maps may show that your area is clearer, or busier than before. Wake up!!!! 
Bigger problem is that we will break our promise to the rest of world. 
Britain is ignoring the monumentous  Global ’Climate-Change’ agreements, of Paris 2015. If my country withdraws its promise, everyone can withdraw, and Planet Earth will crumble.

Although, i had wrote my notes (all typed above), I then, rapidly received an email from Caroline Lucas, explaining the same problem, clearer...

If the Government is remotely serious about climate change, then it cannot build any new runways. Not Heathrow. Not Gatwick. Nowhere.

Ministers claim that airport expansion is a necessity, but 70 percent of all UK flights are taken by just 15 percent of people. Building a third runway would only benefit a small wealthy elite, leaving the rest of us to pay the price of a worsening air quality crisis and climate breakdown.

This is grossly unfair. But there’s a better idea.

Greens support the growing campaign for a frequent flyer levy. This would be a fairer, greener tax on air travel, so that everyone gets one tax-free flight per year, but those who pollute the most, pay the most.

It would reduce the overall number of flights in the long run while raising money for greener alternatives. Best of all, it means we wouldn’t need to build a new runway at Heathrow. Or anywhere.

We’ve got a year to win these arguments - before MPs get the final vote. I’ve tabled a new parliamentary motion, calling for a frequent flyer levy instead of any new runways. But it needs more support.


Thank you,
Caroline 




So, I was fuelled with anger and scribed another email to my MP, James Berry (Conservative)...

Hello Mr Berry,
I am hurting. I am a Surbiton resident of your RBK constituency. Recent news of Theresa May’s decision on ‘Heathrow development’, is so painful. I could use much more descriptive language, but i must not. Interestingly the majority of the public seem to be concerned about flight paths, and where they live. There is however, a much more globally catastrophic possibility.
The bigger problem is that we will break our promise to the rest of world. 
Britain is ignoring the monumentous  Global ’Climate-Change’ agreements, of Paris 2015. If my country withdraws its promise, everyone can, and Planet Earth will crumble.
I ask you, James Berry, my MP to stand in opposition to her decision, applying pressure on her to reverse this huge choice that she has made.
Thank you

Patrick Goodacre



If you agree with my point of view, I urge you to do the same...
...Please email your MP (email addresses can be found at following link)

Not Heathrow, not Gatwick. 
Nowhere!!

..................................................................................................

In other news...
(both Coffee related)!


This afternoon, a bold step for me (not literally, don't get excited)...
I changed my usual coffee bean purchase! Whilst usually I have opted for Colombian, I have now bought Ethiopian. Fruitier and tastier, i think... ... we'll see. 

The above 'change' may be due to my eyes being opened, or 'taste buds wetted' by independent coffee shops! My website has been updated regularly, recently!





Fortunately I have received welcome compliments about both of my blogs. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment