Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 17 June 2016

I was confused by the powers that be

Remember our responsibility to future generations, vote in the EU Referendum on Thursday 23rd. 
Please remember that global stability is at stake. There are many many countries who face these far right uprisings. Others may well copy us, resulting in many, many countries wanting to survive alone. Such competition between countries will be bad. We need to unite together, otherwise enemies will be created. No-one wants war. Peace.
'The referendum is not to cut ourselves off from the rest of the world,'... but it is a huge step, by a country often considered 'leaders' who everyone else watches and may attempt to match. Such a leap into the unknown is not only stupid, but irresponsible too!

This blog…
Each weekly blog post is to be titled by a song lyric. 
This begun unintentionally on 27 May
Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen/ Jeff Buckley
On Your Own by The Verve
When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin
Meds by Placebo


iPad death :(
Big news for me, unfortunately. My iPad (on which, this blog is written), was damaged by my wheelchair, a few months ago. It has worked temporarily ever since. Then last Friday, the screen crack had grown, implying that it's death is imminent. Sad news.

'I see you in lots of different places. You get around everywhere'
I was greeted with the above phrase, on the weekend, whilst heading towards the riverside. I smiled back showing warm gratitude. I guess that the old lady was surprised at seeing a wheelchair which is regularly 'out and about'. I am the owner of this wheelchair, and so recognised again how successful my 'drive for independence' has been, progressing me from hospital life through rehabilitation. It is such a shame that most people don't have this determination (or maybe it is a good thing?)!


The new album to buy, everyone, is ‘Ash & Ice'.
The Kills

The worst thing is that I am affected by brown eyes, similarly, but I always believed in their strength not their weakness. I forget that I have brown eyes.
Brown eyes can be sooooooo deep, meaningful, stirring and mysterious. Infinitely powerful.

27kph
Just a quick note. Gym bike when I stay in my wheelchair and pedal away.
Another PB, proves to me that I still improve.

‘We’
Just another quick note regarding the EU Referendum. The 'Brexit’ campaign are using arguments all which focus on issues to with this country, Britain.
They argue that ‘We'll be better off’.
OK, firstly who is ‘we’? It is 21st century currently, it is madness to consider nationalistic benefits, whilst knowing that elsewhere will feel negatives due to British greed. The days of the British Empire are long gone. Those who want it back, probably read ‘The Daily Nail’, and deserve NOTHING. The best way at considering big issues like this, is to consider that everything balances. For every positive, there is a negative. For every financial gain by somebody, there HAS to be a loss for someone else, somewhere. In this current age of hi-technology, with global media, EVERYONE can witness global truths. Countries cannot live alone. If a country is going alone and somehow gains significant financial benefit, we would know that somewhere someone else is feeling a huge loss because of this. This global instability will lead to further wars in an age where scientific advancements and human technological developments can risk human existence itself.




Nail in the coffin
The Daily Nail could be seen as deliberately inciting racial hatred. How is this filth legal?
Read by the elderly…  

  • Dazzling Queen, Jewels (‘free’ - classy)!
  • Hiding the ‘main headline’ suggesting that the ‘Remain’ will just let 1 and half million Turks settle in Britain.
  • I stop analysing, because it’s disgraceful stance, hurts me. 
  • This was just a random example, of the slurs that 'the elderly’ read.
  • The Daily Nail, is stuck, somewhere between 1939 and 1945, so it is welcomed as a ‘genuine newspaper’ by many ‘over 70s’, and the British far-right.
  • This is why Brexit IS real possibility. Scary.

I am sorry, if you disagree with me. As you can see this blog is about me and my views, if you don’t like them you are free to close the page! I am not a national newspaper attempting to brainwash the uneducated.

Football 
Watching a defence perform with total confidence was special. Close friends will know that I have always been a fan of Italian football. I grew up receiving regular praise for my ability as a defender. Being a lifelong fan of Arsenal helped. However watching 'Football Italia' opened my eyes to further styles, besides 'boring, boring Arsenal'. I learned quickly, how defending was being developed into an art form by Italians. Watching their national team on Monday against Belgium, perform the lessons taught by their predecessors, was delightful.

'They Shall Not Pass
God, I love Italians defending a 1-0 lead. There was something brutally beautiful about the way that the Belgian attack was almost completely neutered by the Italian defence. Romelu Lukaku may have had worse evenings but not many. Every time the ball came anywhere near him, there was an Italian on hand to poke a toe in or kick him or generally just put him off. Ditto with Kevin De Bruyne who also had one of those nights. And when Eden Hazard turned and ran with the ball, they just guided him into less dangerous areas.
As the second half progressed and things got more heated, they resorted to the odd tactical foul. And when I say odd, I mean any time they had to. You could see them thinking ‘it’s about time for me to collect a yellow card’ and then wrestling a Belgian to the ground just as it looked as if an attack might develop. It was fabulously cynical.
When they played the national anthems before the game, the camera panned along the teams. The Belgians looked like modern footballers do. All massively over the top £300 haircuts and jewellery and ridiculous tattoos. Naingolan had what looked like a flower on his neck. They looked like young boys with too much time and money on their hands.
Whereas the Italians looked like men about to do a job of work they’d done many times before. The last few in the line were Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonnuci and Gianluigi Buffon. Combined age 133 and over 350 international caps between them. They were lustily singing the Italian national anthem and they looked relaxed and ready. They didn’t look in the least concerned about having to play one of the top ranked teams at the tournament.
Part of the reason that people love the Premier League is because it’s exciting and there are lots of goals. One of the reasons is that we do have some amazing attacking talent but mainly it’s because there are very few players who know how to defend anymore. (The exceptions to this last season were Wes Morgan and Robert Huth and look where their team ended up). Sure John Stones can tackle when required but I don't sense it’s something he loves. Laurent Koscielny is quick and strong but I don’t see him leaving someone in a heap on the floor on purpose.
Whereas the Italian centre backs go about their destructive work with a gleeful exuberance. They will do anything to stop you scoring which let’s face it is the entire point.They’re disciplined, well drilled, they work as a team and they absolutely LOVE defending. Martin Keown as co-commentator was almost purring at some of the tackles. And let’s not forget that they can all play. Bonnuci played the pass for the first goal and Pirlo would’ve been proud of that one.'

'Italy's triumph was a result of superior organisation and discipline against 11 Belgian individuals who appear to possess, on paper at least, the greater talent.’ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36457308







No comments:

Post a Comment