Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 30 January 2015

WOW - champagne!!!

Drugs are bad, but champagne?..


Freddy Maertens

Marika Hackman


or click here
Music selection of the week, again courtesy of 6music! They are the source of so many of my 'discoveries'.

Folding socks
I was folding socks to put away. Or 'pairing' my clean laundry, to store in my draw. I can't believe how I bore you to tears! Hehehe. Pathetic it may sound, but this process bought me joy! It can be, in doing the most mundane activities, that I actually find myself happy. I was able to realise that I was using both hands to do such. I had learnt to do this task with the predominant use of just one hand. It hurt me, psychologically, to need to be taught to use two. I resisted, learnt a special technique, but this week I found myself  unknowingly using both hands. When I realised, I stopped, shocked! It amused how happy I was, folding socks!

Armstrong was the biggest and best cheat. We must applaud. It was a mighty, invincible complex scheme of cheating. It succeeded. Those who slant him now must admit to have fallen for his lie (they now feel cheated). I never did fall for it, but there was little choice but to accept his conquest.

Below is a section from an email in which I try to argue for designing with the use of black on white text! The use of a white background is so good.
'I know it is the common colour, but it’s because it is best (and white is not a colour). White is a lack of anything, therefore the contrasts of the subjects (colours) with the background are at a maximum. Humans actually read the contrast, not the subjects. Some are clean contrasts, others are harsh. Clarity and cleanliness are maximised.'

I think that I have been successful.



No comments:

Post a Comment