Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 September 2014

idler's dream








Ok ok ok, I lied. I type again, outside, by the river. Sunny weather, but cold. In England, you expect nothing, but you learn to cope with anything (almost)!

It has been eight years since my accident, long enough to be ready when experiencing people's reactions. So I thought.
Alarmed, I was when I was very kindly checked upon by a very old lady, walking (just) with a stick.
'Are you ok?'
I smiled, and nodded an affirmative response. I thought that I would be rude, if I were to ask back, the same, so held my breath. I was left shocked and confused. I felt bad in being so unsure. I am used to being asked such, by everyone, I thought. However, to be asked by such, hurt. I was then cross with myself. Oh, confused.

The best Oasis songs?...
Sad Song
Idler’s Dream



I must accept my own rules!
Try to just live life for the 'now'. Fate just happens.
I am slowly, infuriatingly proving myself correct. I am however, a designer, always thinking of the next stage. We cannot live a life that doesn't exist yet. It is good to dream, but we all live in reality. Hmm...

Wednesday, I had a hospital appointment. Oh man! My heart goes out to those who work in such. I was told to wait for 15minutes. I felt down, as I had nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs. I suddenly realised that 15 minutes is actually nothing. But...
Hospital time is not real time
I have definitely returned to the 'real world', by feeling like this. Ok, I used to live in a hospital, but this is not real life.

Stoned without glasses 

On the same day, I forgot, and left my glasses at home. Hmmm... I expected to notice the difference at the beginning, however I was still noticing the difference into the afternoon. It felt weird. I began to feel like I had smoked weed. I don't, incase you're wondering!

I have to wake up. I am 30! I cannot live a dream and should not expect to be 'swept off my feet by an angel'


the best penalty ever!
http://instagram.com/p/s2VLycHLJL/

No comments:

Post a Comment