Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 September 2014

a split second...

I try to post on this blog every Friday, covering notes made in the previous week. Therefore, a 'week' can start on a weekend!

I attempt to bore you here, confusing you, as I start this week by admitting...
:( so... A Tripolo chocolate cake and RPA
I was feeling bad/lonely/useless/down. I realised this, and felt assured of picking myself up with coffee, and music.
As you all know, I am experienced, so not just a mild 'single shot'. I usually opt for a 'double', but wanted a lift, so a 'tripolo' was to accompany a dark chocolate cake. Music-wise, hmmm, something I knew all the words to, feel good, positive....?Straight-away, I knew. Music is personal to everyone, everyone is different. I felt that I needed to investigate the latest Richard Ashcroft album...
(i did not watch the video!) :s




Sunday looked like rain all day, but thankfully the clouds were kind to the Tour of Britain, on its final stage in the capital.
I stood, endlessly taking photos, as ever. Below is one of my photos of Sir Bradley Wiggins following team domestique Bernhard Eisel. Below that, a friend's photo of the same rider, but showing 'yours truly' across the road, in an orange, Basque, Euskadi top. 
A photo, a split second after a photo 




'Are you ok? Have you dropped something?' 
Hmmm, the response from a man as I was spotted bending, leaning forward, out of my wheelchair. I was fine. I obviously looked strange, as I was leaning to trying and get a suitable photo for the graphic-design work I do. Although added to my mini-library of pics, the shot that I talk did not 'make the grade'. Instead a photo, similar to below, is to be used.
Phone boxes (side view)



My next note gets no explanation. I begun making the note on Wednesday evening, then added to it last night. Today is Friday!

Wednesday was a 'fortunate' day :)
Maybe...
Thursday as well...
Maybe...
Friday?...

I am 30. I admit
I listened to Radiohead on 'shuffle'! I feel soooo guilty.
I admit, it was as I listened to 'Pyramid Song', I expected the weird sounds of'Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors' to follow, but instead it was an acoustic guitar strum intro to 'True Love Waits'! So wrong. :(
Shuffled music is a lazy, cheat's choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment