Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 8 August 2014

rubbish...

I open this week with a note that is a load of rubbish. 
Hehe hmmm...
recycled/able bin bags




Basically, i want to share my dismay of it being so hard to find recyclable bin bags! I am not referring to decomposable food waste bags (supplied very kindly by the council). It is hard, and expensive to buy bags to collect other recyclable waste (card/plastic/tin cans/glass).
Hmmm, ok, this may just be me. It just seems completely illogical to me, correctly encouraging the collection of the material, but then risking contamination from an everlasting polymer.
I realise this issue, have difficulty finding an answer, and am forced into a higher financial loss! GRRRR

People are scared. They see the wheelchair, and immediately prepare themselves for experiencing the worst. They greet you with a friendly but very patronising 'hello', with the sole aim of boosting their own self confidence. 

Hmmm
- my feelings AAAAAH
:s I am who I am. I am comfortable and content. This whole blog is about myself coming to terms with my new life. Tuesday, I experienced part of the life that I remember foreseeing. Now I can say 
'PHEW  I do not want to be that!'
Shit happens, can do to anyone, and did to me, but I am content with myself now.

We must live for NOW!

I offer two music 'gifts' this week. I am touched by the lyrics of both songs. Courtney Barnett's lyrics tell a wonderful story. Although older, the second song provides lyrics, which I relate to and find very up-lifting. Thank you Mr Ashcroft.
courtney barnett avant gardener
http://vimeo.com/76587806

Break the night with colour


http://vimeo.com/25068386
Hmmm
A note which kind-of explains itself.
I am 30 on Monday, I was 22, i just have to continue 'growing up' / improving life forever. There is  always 'a carrot'.
My design education has given me a positive mentality, showing me that there is always room for improvement. Perfection cannot exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment