Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 10 January 2014

Happy 2014!

Hello 2014! :)
We got through 2013, escaping the apocalypse. Phew (a close one there)!
I type this 'live' on my notepad (hence the unusual and almost illegible font - it may be changed in time).


My first note of this year is simply the name of Michael Schumacher. There is not much I can say, other than offering my sincere support to everyone involved, trying to help. The man has a mighty strong mind, we can only hope that this strength is enough needed to help him through this. My thoughts are with you.



A damn good black, black, black, BLACK coffee accompanies myself, hence the blatant promotion of my superb, original cafe. Thank you, 'The French Tarte'.

The note that follows, seems ridiculous now, but hey.

'I am going to seriously limit complimenting/attempting to flirt with girls I choose
...that was the plan'
Ok, above, I both state my plan, but then offer an insight into reality. As soon as I had started that note, I found myself in a busy queue in a popular Christmas-sales shop, holding everyone up whilst I flirted unbelievably with the shop staff. Oops!

I leave the cafe now as I am going home to link to some music that I want to share...


I am home now. Fear not, drink has been replaced. But no coffee!



Right, home I am, music…
First, I want to explain my new strategy. Although much of the  music I give you is listened to and liked (I hope), I know that sometimes my YouTube links do not work. Therefore, in future I will give the YouTube video, and a ‘http’ weblink to an alternate version.

Their new album joins us in a couple of weeks (Jan 20th), but as a lover of their breakthrough, ‘Fool’, I have bought their first single from this second album. Warpaint, with ‘Love is to die’.



And one more ‘music find’, that I wish to promote, George Ezra. He has just an EP out at the moment (I think), but definitely worth further investigation.



Now, I talk honestly (I always do, but this may seem too cliché)!

Better than a rolling stone

The note above was made whilst listening to Bob Dylan. Whilst listening, I feel that I could relate, but was allowed to feel a lot more positive as I knew that this was how I used to feel, but not anymore. Things have improved, and I see no reason to halt. Thanks Bob. 





No comments:

Post a Comment