Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 24 January 2014

a suitable distraction...

Podolski gets the first! I am at ease now, I type. A minimal post this week, as I am severely distracted, listening to  FA Cup commentary. First note on phone relates too a big psychological issue I am forced to face regularly.

I remember, I used to only turn my mobile phone on, when I wanted to check it. Now... We all live on a standby.

It relates to the obvious fact, we all regularly live having something on charge. We use so much energy, and this is a big problem, as the sustainability of energy production can be questionable.

Linked, is my second note. Last week, I previewed the band. 2-0! I am satisfied. Very.
Back to my blog. Focus.

Warpaint. I bought their first album on CD, a couple of years ago. I did question my rules. I had to buy this, second album on mp3 format, because I have no room left on my CD shelves.

A second artist to promote is Jemma Tweedie. I am a fan.


Final musicians, this week, worthy of a mention, are Mogwai. With their new album ‘Rave Tapes’, the band have presented a celebratory whisky. This Scottish instrumental band distilled the drink in 2004 (a year after they were viewed at Glastonbury). Hmmm…
Yesterday (Thursday) I completed my new years resolution. I went independently on the London Underground! OK, it was only one stop, but it still counts!  Accessible, yes it is, as is the overground network. I must admit, that I naively dreamt of accessing the tube train, by myself. OK, I reached the platform easily, but then could not independently access a train (like overground trains, one cannot). Hmm, what is ‘accessibility’?

Half-time. OK, pictures.
Surbiton winter Thameside.




I was in a good café at Westminster station, last week, and was made to shudder in horror. Cardboard coffee cups, were the only option, here. Noooooooo!





A brilliant, beautiful statue that I have never noticed before, on Whitehall. Brilliantly iconic.


No comments:

Post a Comment