Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 22 November 2013

Written live...

Hello,
I type this as a 'live post' (away, but at the same time). My first note actually was made last week, but, as I visited the town in a similar pattern, this week, and I have space and time to, include it I must!

* Hat's off, Richmond *

I know that I have slagged off the town previously, for being very inaccessible, It is now incorrect to say such. Just by visiting for a few hours, arriving by the train and travelling down the high street, I am able to view the vast improvement of generic accessibility. Thank you Richmond!

Two shots is the norm?
The above note does not reveal extreme alcoholic tendencies, instead, you guessed it, coffee. It seems that quite regularly the level of caffeine in a 'coffee', varies from place to place! Personally, it is something I like to be aware of.

Tune!
Findlay - greasy love


After more than seven years since my accident, I have spent over six years using a powered wheelchair. I am experienced, (despite a few accidents here and there). Earlier in the week, at home in Surbiton, I...

Try and cross road safely, and then...

... I was overtaken, and my head pulled around to the side by an incredible distraction. I was reminded that I was male, as a blonde female of the species decided to be wearing short skirt that could quite easily be her underwear. I survived. I made it across the road, but it was a  case of severe danger!

I was representing the KAT group at the 'Pan-London Mobility Forum', in Central London, yesterday. Please visit the KAT blog page for a summary.

Although it was a brilliant forum, and I feel that my participation was valued, I was not willing to attend the post-forum event. Most other members travelled to outside Westminster Cathedral, campaigning for various issues to be filmed on ITV. I could think of nothing worse than making national television because of my wheelchair need. This is not something I am proud of. I am happy to voice opinions, acting behind the scenes, but no...
I am not wanting to be identified by my wheelchair.
 My view of 'the Wheel', from the other side…




Tune from quality album
This Is The Kit



A sad note, made when I was feeling down...

I have lost
I am tired of having to face the facts I have done so for seven years :(

A Christmas special, but even the barista remarked
'A gingerbread latte? You've changed!'
A latte in disguise…

Hmmm…

A recent shot, and my current wallpaper, I share…



No comments:

Post a Comment