Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 1 November 2013

...Behind where the old Thames does flow,

...
Behind where the old Thames does flow,

My first note is the post’s title, this week. Although a line from a William Blake poem, it was also used by a British rock group of the mid-nineties. An amazing, legendary, beautiful tune. Thank you Richard Ashcroft. A personal favourite.  

Immediately I supply you with a second music sample. I ordered yet another CD through the post but don’t worry, I don’t love it so much it deserves endless photography! Rachel Sermanni has released a very good EP, entitled ‘The Boatshed Sessions’.


OK, I talk.

I believe my luck is insurmountable and therefore I know that everything is possible. Dreams can be made real.
It is perhaps with this naivety, that I know I am forced to live my life. I am different. I know that everyone is different, but I have to believe in myself. This is how one gains inner self-confidence. Events may seem small or insignificant at some stage, but then at another time we, ourselves, will view these events as much larger, important, significant events. We, ourselves will then impress us and our self-confidence grows. There, an explanation of why I have such a big head, but am quiet about it!  

All that big, deep talk, and I ruin by admitting my serious superstition! I was on the way home, when I saw a black cat, beautiful, long hair. He was sat in the pavement, obstructing my path. He then saw me nearing, got up and walked off! I passed, and then was thinking with despair, ‘what does this mean?’ The black cat definitely did not cross my path in any direction. It moved out of the way! Please, if anyone knows, drop me an email!


I am fortunately
not as ' out of touch' as i thought.

The tune above threw me completely. I heard this a few weeks ago, fell in love with it and downloaded the mp3. FatBoy Slim of a few years ago, I thought ‘doh, I am so ‘out-of-touch’
I checked with my friend who would know, although can be excused for not, being pre-occupied by hosting a magnificent wedding!
Anyway, I then discovered that it was set for release on Monday 28 th! It has circulated the globe, but this year. It is a TCHOOOOOON! 


As a key member of the KAT forum, I run the blogspot, to which I give the link.

I find it interesting, investigating some of the public transport in the borough (it IS my work), hence the linked piece is regarding rail disability access in the Royal Borough of Kingston.

Yesterday, hmmm, October 31st. I had a flu vaccination, oh, and it was Halloween. I don’t think my humour was appreciated by the doctor. As the needle went in, I shut my eyes, and let my head fall to the side. I am totally fearless, well experienced with needles in my situation. Unfortunately my acting failed, she hadn’t feared killing me, just gave me a very strange look instead!

My final note, I made earlier today, experiencing conversation between fellow supermarket shoppers.
People don't expect to be told the truth, if shocking 
I type this, realizing that I am unusual. Unusual in that I quite readily, tell people the truth. It seems that many people are not used to hearing the truth. Correct, the truth can hurt(a negative), but it can also please (be a positive). Fortunately I am well practiced in saying the right things…


No comments:

Post a Comment