Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 27 June 2013

WHOA!!! - an update!


Forget your indicator, around the roundabout, turn off.
WHOA!!!

Right, don’t worry, that didn’t happen. It scares me though that drivers rely on everyone else to guess correctly when they exit a roundabout, at which turning. Fortunately, I know that this is a large problem in Surbiton, and pre-empt the issue by altering my route. Be warned, no-one indicates at the Surbiton station roundabout. It may only be a Surbiton issue, but I doubt it. This may be a much larger issue than I realise, but why, I don’t know. I am only a wheel-chaired pedestrian, but I know that every pedestrian must face this issue. Everyone is a pedestrian. Do all drivers get hypnotised by the art-deco classic of Surbiton Station? I think not. A good, valid distraction but not hypnotic!

‘Patrick, how do always remain so positive?’ I regularly get asked.
I'm happy as I realise that everyone's mood is always relative to themselves (therefore I'm on a winner)!!

I made that note earlier in the week (I am sorry, as it’s a bit self loving). It is true, I know that I may be considered ‘less-fortunate’ than others. I do, however, quickly turn anything into a ‘positive’, realise what I am doing, and like to be able to view everything on the much larger scale. By doing such, we can see that there are negatives AND positives to everything. It is up to us to choose how we focus ourselves.

Right, It is Wimbledon Tennis at the moment. I have been a few times (both pre-accident, and post-accident). Like most of the nation, I get gripped with ‘Wimbledon Fever’ for two weeks, every 52.

Hehe, ‘lucky’, I was, on Monday I was in a café and turned my mobile on to watch BBC’s tennis coverage.
Perfect timing, a match was just about to start. I double checked to see who I was watching. Hmm, a women’s match. Yes ok, it'll make sense to watch this. Who? I couldn’t believe my luck J Mladenovic v Sharapova

Both pictures have captured from my mobile phone (I am well practiced from viewing Eurosport’s cycling coverage on my phone)!



   
It was a good game. Sharapova’s only victory in 2013 Wimbledon.

I have not had to rely on BBC, to capture good pics.  Below are photos taken live, attending Wimbledon, in previous years, with a camera (not a phone)!


Andy Roddick (above) and Maria Kirilenko (below)



Be content. It is so much nicer, to feel content/satisfied. Therefore we are more productive. We can just let fate happen. By constantly having a goal/ target, we aim, we can reach it, but then we just push the goal further away. There is no fun in constantly desiring what we can't have. Be content with yourself.


My next pictures here, are of a mighty tree in ‘Surbiton Crescent’.  I give it the name ‘The Queen of Limbs’ (The King… entitles the latest Radiohead album, named after a similarly sprawling tree, near the bands Oxford home).








Yay, I have made a music reference, so I include a relevant video. ‘Morning, Mr Magpie.’ Glastonbury, two years ago...


... an update. Two notes, that I again forgot to include when typing yesterday.
An instruction, to watch the following video.  As this is important and a rare opportunity, I provide the Dailymotion link as well, incase your YouTube link fails.



I think that the preview screenshot of BigMig, probably gives away what the video subject is. Le ' Grand Depart' est demain. C'est le centenaire Tour de France. Demain!!!!! :)

OK, sorry, excited. Anyway, I want to share a stunning photograph from my colleague, Maria Keskes, of her cat 'Lulu', who is now mother of a very newborn kitten.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment