Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 21 June 2013

an update, next...


I start to type this post early, on Thursday, as I am able to see diary clashes, stopping me from typing later. Publishing, yes, but actually ‘post-writing’ could be problematic.
Anyway, not that you really care about that. I begin.

I thank the two friends that I had dinner out with last Friday. It was only chatting with friends in a restaurant on last Friday did I manage to define how I had predicted and feared that an accident was to befall me whilst cycling...

… I may sound crazy, but I think that subconsciously I had tried to mentally prepare myself for what happened.
I remember loving cycling insurmountably for a large portion of my life. I also remember realising how perfect cycling was for me, but that perfection doesn’t exist. I used to anger myself by considering the possibility that something awful may happen. Whilst cycling, I would consider ‘say something happens, what would be worst, to lose the physical ability of cycling (which I love SO much), or to severely damage my mental strength (which is strong)?’ I would then stop myself thinking like that. Nothing had ever happened before, I always rode safely, nothing would happen.
But then on October 14th 2006…   

… and so, I continue on Friday afternoon…
My attitude towards cyclists is still one of upmost respect. However there are two types, cyclists (proper cyclists), and then there are bike riders (the vast majority). If there are no problems, respect is given to both. Unfortunately, some bike riders act in such a stupid way, they are asking for fate to throw them a problem. The other day, I was out very close to home when…
On seeing a bike rider cycling towards me, on the pavement (next door) I act crazy as if I'm out of control of my wheelchair! Alerted, he slows right down!

Some may see it as wrong, and I would argue in this case that ‘two wrongs DO make a right’!

Yesterday (Thursday), was such a bad day of weather. I realise that you all may question me, and my ‘love of rain’! OK, fair enough, I talked like this in previous posts, but …
The worst part is the calm before the storm
It actually wasn’t that bad yesterday, but the whole day was dull, grey and trying to tell us all, that rain was coming. Booooo! L
Atleast when it is raining, we know that after the rain, comes sun. YAY! J 

....................
... i  forgot! Noooo!!!
I forgot my music note, because it was made separately. As most is discovered, this band was found by myself, on BBC 6music.
Research on the internet showed me that very little of their work is released, but well worth finding out about.

  
Drenge

No comments:

Post a Comment