Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 May 2013

L.A. Criminal

The sun has got it's hat on,
Hip hip hip Hooray,
The sun has got it's hat on,
and.........

I refuse to continue singing, as we do not know that it is here to stay....?
Anyway I enjoy the sun, as does everyone. 

The next note was made as I had time to myself last Saturday, deep thinking. EEEK!

'I am used to being alone (years of being a cyclist), now i look at people and wish I was able. Then I always am forced to play the 'wildcard' that I am lucky to be here. But existence brings desire, so I will always want a greater life. But then, doesn't everyone? '

Hmmm, right. Rather self explanatory, i feel.

I was waiting at the bus stop, when noting what I had just experienced. I had been forced to miss a bus, as the driver told me

'Sorry, Ive already got two buggies on'.

I am fine with this. Quite simply there is not enough room, fair enough. People regularly have to wait for another mode of transport, due to lack of room.

The thing that makes me mad, is that TFL claim the higher ground. On all buses, they proudly show stickers telling people that they prioritise spaces for wheelchairs. But?... I don't want to have to force buggies off a bus, if they are there first, but TFL  need to admit that there is not always enough room. GGRRRRR.
I stop, because even typing about it, stresses me!  

Right, I stopped, had dinner, and calmed down!!
I was in a very positive mood, enjoying the first proper sunshine, when I noted

'Wear a happy face but always have a smile in reserve, used regularly'

I realised that I was naturally wearing a happy face in the sunlight, but I find it important to smile at people who deserve such. So, wear a happy face but it is important to keep a smile reserve! 

L.A. Criminal
I have changed my opinion yet again on Mr Armstrong. I no longer wear the Livestrong wristband (which I only bought earlier this year). No matter how it is argued, Lance broke the rules, criminally. One should not support this. Hmmmmmmm....  

My next note is yet another deep one. It could be extended, but I fear of being to egocentric (even though this blog is about me!)


'This' is not what I had expected in life, but then...?
I've always lived 'away from the pack'
Playing sweeper of a defence in football
Back-stage staff at the school show
Even epitomised by cycling style (unable to stay with the strong on the flat, not a sprinter by any means, but give me some gradient and I'm very happy riding away)!

I shall finish this post , by  just including the notes I made, as written:

I have never ever seen myself as a suit-wearing, office worker, pakt like sardines into a crushed tin box, in London.
I think outside the box, wanting to differ...


I communicate a lot through my eyes (visual communication). I can feel hurt when people want to shield their eyes, arrogantly hiding them in sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment