Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 22 February 2013

i rant...


Hmmm… I rant…I am allowed?

Although, as ever, I have a list of notes to discuss, which has been compiled throughout the past week, I start by the more urgent issue that I currently face…

‘I sit and wonder’, hmm, wheelchair related. I write this, currently trapped at home in my flat, as my powered-wheelchair has died. I have successfully switched to my manual-wheelchair, as I can move about minimally on this (scooting leg powered). I am however trapped inside, and cannot go out in this chair.

Positively, we must face a problem, by looking at the positives. My wheelchair actually died whilst I was in ‘one of my cafés’. I was then very lucky, as I phoned my physiotherapist to warn that I may miss the appointment (in my flat), she managed to collect and push me home from being lost in the extreme, unknown wilderness of ‘my café’! Thank you, very much.

I state ‘my café’, as it is one of the best local, independents, displaying and selling my art.



…and…



The image below depicts the cartoon, which apparently I represent when I wear one of my hats. At first I found this comparison slightly offensive. It is never good to be called a cartoon character. But, if there is one I can handle, it is a sword-wielding feline.



Right, my next note tells everyone of my theory that happiness is so important, to both have, and portray, because ‘happy things happen to happy people’.
Hmmm, although I believe that everything is about contrast and so something is relative to something else, happiness is the ultimate goal. Lifelong improvement is the goal.
When we realise just how ego-centric we are being, we must give happiness to others.

Confused? I think I am. Although there are many many Youtube clips/songs that I could post in relation, the first that enters my head is REM’s ‘Shimy Happy People’. Please don’t worry I refuse to post the video which is ‘over-happy’. I may post another, at the end.

OK, the next note IS wheelchair related. I often complain about being ignored whilst on a busy street, by ‘flyerers’, charity workers, or whoever, BECAUSE I am in a wheelchair. Or seemingly so.
Admittedly I got shocked, when I was called over by a big stall, asking me if I wanted reduced-priced PAINTBALLING! I declined, and laughed to myself as I left. Fair play, I am being considered a ‘normal human being’, but I left thinking that it would only really be possible to man some heavy-artillery, as a wheelchair-user. Hehe hmmmmm…

End of Surbiton High Street…


Apart from unnecessarily saying ‘sorry’ far too much, one of my other habits that I need to be careful about is communicating messages through my eyes. This, besides my hat wearing, is perhaps another reason for the ‘Puss in boots’ comparison/analogy. I have relied heavily on this, awakening from my 6 month sleep. I usually find myself very attracted to a pair of powerful eyes, as I feel that this is the most attractive part of anyone.

To part conclude this week’s post, I refer to my complaint on having a complete reliance on something which can fail (the necessity of a ‘dead’ wheelchair). I will not name names but the company who I have to contact in case I suffer wheelchair failure, are very stress inducing. I bite my lip so hard, as I want to shout out the company name, but I am strong enough to stop myself, as it will be wrong of me.

Finishing, I do not include a song named ‘happy’ but one of which does suggest a positive mood, of forever improvement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment