Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 26 January 2013

I'm distracted...

... by listening to the FA cup, whilst typing this post. 1-1 hmm.

... but i must focus. My first notes. 'Ristretto'. Believe me or not, I have only recently discovered the wonder of this drink. Hmm, what it is, is a short Espresso. As espressos tend be difficult to neck, due to their heat. The answer? A shorter drink, same power, a ristretto.
Same price, it's a winner.
Ristretto 



Wow! Oliver Giroud! 2-1

A fairly pointless note, that I actually made last week, during snow. Cold, it was cold. I tried to find a true positive, other than 'it's pwetty!'. My note:
'The only thing gain from a 0 level, is water freezing, ice or snow.'

2-2 damn. Why, oh why? 

I've got to learn to start living life for the moment. I must restrict designing life, living in the future. It can be good to plan, but it's all about now! We cannot direct fate. Shit happens.

I realise that I am distracted, and so simply plug in thoughts that I have noted on my phone. Hence the lack of discussion. Sorry.

Girls. I am fed up of having hopes dashed. Don't worry, I have recovered, sort of!

YAY!!! THHEEEEEO!!  

Sorry, continuing my sad story...
:(
... but I have the inability to be properly depressed  about everything, as I always play my wildcard (of facing how lucky i am to be here, at all).

I don't get tearful, when listening to music, but the tune that always pulls on heartstrings...
'But you don't really care for music, do ya? Well it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth...'



Job done, 3-2. Good good.

One, final note:
'cycling is not the only 'troubled' sport.'
I could write a whole book on my theories here, but I'll keep it short.
Basically, it saddens me, the large focus on 'performance enhancing drugs in cycling.' The two are not mutually exclusive. People must be prepared to hear of a big drugs scandal in a sport in which everyone considers clean. It pains me, to hear other people consider cycling as the only 'dirty' sport. To give one example, I have just yesterday watched the Australian open tennis, semi finals, and I make no official claim, but i have my doubts.

... I was distracted and therefore forgot a picture (taken in winter evening glorious sunshine)...



Well I've seen your flag on the Marble Arch, and love is not a victory march, it's cold and it's  a broken hallelujah...

It's not a cry that you hear at night, and it's not somebody who's seen the light, It's a cold and broken hallelujah...

I should note that although sung by all-time hero, Jeff Buckley, 'Hallelujah was originally written by Leonard Cohen.

No comments:

Post a Comment